Abacus FsRepaint V2 Question

ColR1948

I've been using this for a few years with no problem, not long ago I had to reinstall FSX, I can use FsRepaint with it except for a couple of things that always worked before.

1. It used to open all the default aircraft but now there are a few it won't open, I click on them but nothing happens.

2. I created another folder for my AI aircraft, well before it always read the other folders but now it only reads the default.

I've double checked in the FSX.cfg and that is as it should be, I've done it lots of times before.

Sending a message to Abacus I've always found a waste of time, they have never replied before.

any ideas please?

Col.

Hi Col,

I also am using FsRepaint for a long time. The year before I also had a HD crash, but after I could install FsRepaint without problems.

I think you know all pathes to your simobjects have to be in the [Main] section of your FSX.cfg so as

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\WOAI

SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\AIAircraft

I am using SIMStarterNG and so I had some difficulties with this program and FsRepaint, but I could it handle.

The only problem sometimes is a mysterious texture at some aircrafts (and ships). I click on the sobject and first nothing happens and then crash or ErrorMessage.

Is there some pattern at your problems?

I doesn't like to say this but perhaps it could be better to install FsRepaint new?

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Hi Christian, Yes I used the paths as you posted, but as I say when I load up FSRP it only sees the default Airplane and Rotorcraft even though I have a folder for my AI.

I think I will try and do a reinstall of it and see what happens, when I'm using it though everything works as before it's just this not reading the other folder issue.

What I have to do at the moment is if I'm painting an aircraft I put it in the 'Airplanes' folder, paint it then move it to the AI folder or the other flyable folder, then go and delete it from the 'Airplanes' folder so as not to have two of the same aircraft listed, bit of a pain.

col.

I went online and bought another copy, the one I have I bought ages ago and I put it on a disk, funny thing is though it worked perfect in Windows 7.

Any way waiting for a confirmation email to say I can download it, I bought it last night, plus it's Sunday so may be they are not working today.

Col.

Hi Col,

this is a fine message. The version must be very new. I often looked and didn't find a newer version. I think you are content with this version.

Sometimes I tried to repaint aircrafts or ships and the parts are mixed up, so I had to work with DXTBmp.

Perhaps the new is better.

Greetings

Christian Riemer (CR) my full name :)

Hi Christian, thanks for the reply, yes it seems OK, at least now it sees my other folders.

The opening screen is different to the old one as well, plus I notice there was an 'Update' icon in the main folder so that looks promising.

I wish they would do one for X-Plane as well.

Col.

I got also the new version and will try it.

I wish you good luck for your X-Plane, I only have FSX and I am content.

Hi Christian, I have painted a few in X-plane, using Paint.net I didn't do too bad a job but it wasn't as easy as using FSP.

I noticed the Zoom on the new version, it goes click by click, bit at a time. Also adding a graphic, sometimes on the older version the screen would freeze and I had to restart FSP again, because of this I got in top the habit of saving after every touch up, so far it hasn't happened, fingers crossed.

Col.

Hi Aaron, Yes it is easy to use, I soon got in to it, I made a few mistakes at first but one thing to do as you already know is before you start on an aircraft make a copy of it first, and another thing I learned when using FSP is after you have added something to the aircraft and you are happy with it, save it.

Then if you make an error on the next thing you add, you have not lost all your work because you saved the last part you just did.

Also there is a backup button as well so for instance if you were adding a line down the body of the aircraft and it goes wrong, no worries, click the backup button and you are back to have another go lol.

All these aircraft on this link I did using FsRepaint:

https://imageshack.com/a/qg7l/1

Archived