No real time weather

rburch

Hello again, I need help, my fs 2004 will not get the real time weather. It just says that there was an error and to check my internet connection. my connection is good to the internet. Can you help me out ?

I got this message from the Jeppesen web page.........Free weather is no longer available from Jeppesen. We do continue to offer weather as a service.

A paid for service??? For now, if I see the error message displayed, I just click OK and go on from there.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Anyone else see a change in how much FSrealWX downloads and sends to FS?

Up until last month a download for the 350nm area around KFRG was Metar = 250 kb & Stations Sent = 420.

Now the same area is Metar = 2+ mb and Stations Sent = 2000 +, with each station sent 5 times.

The .WX file remains the same as before at about 1.2 mb.

John

KFRG

New York

Hi,

Yes, a couple of us here did notice that. And multiple station downloads for the same airport. I had to reduce my download radius to 150 NM to avoid huge download times. It's still much slower than before. I assumed this is in preparation for the release of version 3, but I really don't know.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

I assumed this is in preparation for the release of version 3, but I really don't know.

It sounds like it's starting to play up. I don't think the software is in active development any longer. V3 has been coming forever. If you check the news page, you will see nothing has been updated for a long time. It still says Happy New Year 2018!

Mark Daniels

• 2 weeks later...
It sounds like it's starting to play up. I don't think the software is in active development any longer. V3 has been coming forever. If you check the news page, you will see nothing has been updated for a long time. It still says Happy New Year 2018!

Just a recent update for people who might not know, looks like it is still going and a v3 beta is now out there.

https://www.fsrealwx.net/

Mark Daniels

Archived