Another unfinished flight!

Been having some issues with FSX-SE lately. Unexplained CTDs for no reason I can determine.

I did manage to get a few shots from what was to be a flight between ÃŽles-de-la-Madeleine, Quebec and

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. It seems FSX can only behave for short periods without issues.

Might be time for yet another tedious reinstall. :mad:

2019-2-28_5-39-40-148.jpg

2019-2-28_5-40-36-457.jpg

2019-2-28_5-40-53-665.jpg

2019-2-28_5-41-22-301.jpg

2019-2-28_5-41-53-205.jpg

2019-2-28_5-43-13-298.jpg

2019-2-28_5-47-37-258.jpg

2019-2-28_5-54-44-214.jpg

2019-2-28_5-55-23-504.jpg

2019-2-28_6-7-30-993.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Great shots of the waterbird, Bob!:cool: Have you checked your computer's Events Viewer to look for FSX errors or faulting modules?
I've had a half dozen CTDs over this last week. No sign of any FSX related errors in the logs?

Not to worry. I've been down this road many times before. "I shall not be thwarted!" he said bravely. :confused: -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've had a half dozen CTDs over this last week. No sign of any FSX related errors in the logs?

Not to worry. I've been down this road many times before. "I shall not be thwarted!" he said bravely. :confused: -- Bob

That's the spirit! Damn the torpedoes....full speed ahead!;) Torpedoes....submarines....sandwiches....LUNCHTIME! I'll be back!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Looked great while it lasted. Leave it to FSX to mess up a nice flight!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know if you're in multiplayer, a.k.a. the Steam rooms :p , but Steam, in general , keeps having issues, and since, according to their vendor rep., Dovetail games doesn't deal with it anymore.

At this point FSX is like a great old car, still running well enough but the rust is really staring to show.

The more money I put into it the less willing I am to put it out to pasture. -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ironically, I myself am considering replacing FSX myself, but, holding off for a bit. had too many good times in it to put it away now... also, just got some new payware!

1+1=cow :p

"WE jumped out a WINdow!" -Baymax (from Big Hero 6)

ironically, I myself am considering replacing FSX myself, but, holding off for a bit. had too many good times in it to put it away now... also, just got some new payware!

Why wait, almost everything I had in FSX works in P3Dv4. I took FSX off my machine along time ago, and never looked back. Besides a lot of devs aren't going to continue making things for FSX.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

... almost everything I had in FSX works in P3Dv4.

Can you be more specific about what doesn't work? In general terms, I don't expect a comprehensive list. -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Excellent shots of the Catalina, too bad about your fsx problems.

I agree about the switch, everything is fine after I changed to P3D.

As for what works in P3Dv4, most of the A2A aircraft give problems, as do the longnose FW190's, my Grumman Goose and anything from sibwings. My other aircraft seem to work fine so far, as does all my scenery.

Slapping paint on flightsim models

you'll find all my FSX/P3D repaints here and all my MSFS repaints here.

I DID notice that PMDG is jumping ship from FSX recently... in any case, I have to wait because I am working on building a new PC to replace my dead one

1+1=cow :p

"WE jumped out a WINdow!" -Baymax (from Big Hero 6)

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions. I've been researching P3D and, while tempting, it does seem to come with its own set of complications. I've been beating my head against this particular wall since FS 3.0. I've tried X-Plane, Flight and Flight Sim World. The prospect of learning yet another system is off putting at this point...

But, who knows? Spring is a time of rebirth. Right? :confused: :) -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It has definitely been interesting reading all the comments on this subject. I too am always looking and researching the latest and greatest. I do like my FSX. The only two things I miss is the multiplayer (when there were many more places to join, now they are all in Steam) and my real weather. I was pretty sure that Sky Force was my way to go after all the research I did, but alas, like anything else they are always working out the bugs. At the end of the day, it's go ye forth and flyeth....

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The more money I put into it the less willing I am to put it out to pasture. -- Bob

With that in mind, the following is the best add on anyone could ever so in the history of flight simulation that doesn't cost a dime. For the first time PILOTABLE SimObjects revolutionize multiplayer failures and limitations of past missions, and operations, and so forth. With added ships and vehicles available as pilotable vehicles, there is no need to add limited static scenery objects for multiplayer use. I've proved that already in the Hawii aircraft carrier room I host on Steam. Pilotable IKE-nimitz package ver. 2, available in the file library here at FlightSim.Com (file name uss_nimitz_ike_version2.zip) as well as other operating ships and vehicles, such as trucks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

All I know is that, unlike DCS and X-plane 10, Steam's FSX was reasonably priced and, also unlike DCS, easier to operate. Plus FSX has an available repertoire of add-on ships, planes, and vehicles, which are the best resources for SimObjects in the world. Period. With that in mind, as a comparison, it would cost you dearly to do the same thing in any other flight simulator. And that's a wrap. I don't care what you got.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Besides a lot of devs aren't going to continue making things for FSX.

That's just it, however. I've seen what "a lot of devs" are making for whatever is supposed to be the alternatives, and I'm not impressed in the least. That's because reinventing the wheel doesn't actually impress me. Don't get me wrong. I would do it just as a matter of training myself as a project to come up with another project that hasn't been done. I'll give you or ANYBODY ELSE a perfect example right now. You guys make a big deal about DCS as if it's that interesting to devote enough time to actually do it. Newsflash: Novalogic already has had a functional AND POPULAR multiplayer project called Integrated Battle Space. It was comprised of the F-16, Mig-29 fulcrum, and F-22. For some reason it never made it that far even into the windows XP days. That project was disbanded and Novalogic concentrated on their more popular delta forces project. I don't know if that's still going or not. Anyways, there were "alternatives" to Novalogic then, as well. Complete out of the box F-16 simulators that failed. Lock on Gold was, and is, completely useless. EVERY "alternative" to Nova's Integrated Battle Space, in terms of a flight combat simulators, have all been complete boring failures. It's quite that simple. :eek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do like my FSX. The only two things I miss is the multiplayer (when there were many more places to join, now they are all in Steam) and my real weather.

I don't get it. Steams graphics and animations simply work better, look FAR BETTER, or just simply work, when everybody else's connections in that regard don't work at all, perhaps? :rolleyes: Otherwise, you have vatsim.net still the biggest online ATC community in the world. Therefore, I have no clue as to what you're talkin about.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived