Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Flight gear 18.3.2 initial set up

1. Default

Hi.
    Here are a couple of more pics that may help identify the acft.?
    Can you post the URL where I can get the one you are discussing, and post a pic of the Instrument panel and Top of cowl?
    Here is some info from the C182S files themselves

README file

Cessna 182S
    ===========

A high detailed, realistic version of the Cessna 182S aircraft for FlightGear. Can be flown according real pilot manual.

For the repository containing the .xcf and .svg files for the textures and liveries, visit: https://github.com/HHS81/c182-Textures/

AUTHORS File
    This aircraft was modified and updated in a joint effort by the following people:

* Heiko Schulz (hhs81): 3D model, fdm, textures, bug tracking, testing
    Email: [email protected]

* Gilberto Agostinho (gsagostinho): textures, xml, bug tracking, testing
    Email: [email protected]

Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FG-C182S-out.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	208454Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FG-C182Cpit.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	208455
    Last edited by flytv1; 03-12-2019 at 07:22 PM.

2. Default

Hi.
    OK, I think I found something that looks almost right / correct.
    I have no idea who designed it, see the contents of the readme.md below, but the Right, Left views are correct, The cowl could be better but it looks like it has some, maybe a real tiny person flies in it? Just a joke, keep up the good work.
    By the way in that acft, the Mixture does not work when assigned to joystick and other controls, Mose only. I never use the mouse and I do not think real world pilots like it, at least the ones I know, they all have Rudder pedals, ant the minimum a Joystick.

Cessna 150L for Flightgear
    ==========================

![splash](thumbnail.jpg)

Name:	FG-150Left.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	208458Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FG-150Rt.jpg 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	208459Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FG-150Frnt.jpg 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	208460

3. Default

Here are a couple of more pics that may help identify the acft.?
    Okay, that's the one I mean.

And you say you can not see the cowl if you adjust your seat (aka move the camera origin a few cm upward)? What do you see then if you look forward? Nothing?

...should work in all acft that have cowl flaps. In this particular case I was not able find a joystick assignment that worked either
    Again confused You were unable to define a joystick binding for cowl flaps? What was the obstacle?

4. Default

Hi Thorsten.
    I appreciate your time and effort in trying to get some of these issues resolved, it may help others in the future also.
    What I see when I look forward is the second pic in post 21. If I move up the view inside changes, the head moves up towards the ceiling, but the view outside does not, I cannot see the cowl, or any other changes outside.

About the Cowl Flaps, I found that only the Mouse can actuate that, If I use "D", as stated in the Maps.pdf, no action is performed, including Shift, Control, "d" none of of those and I tried other keys also, it would appear that no keyboard input will trigger that action. In the Joystick, there is No assignment that I can select to trigger the Cowl flaps, it's missing all together.

@flytv1:
    ??
    Can you make a screenshot when you shifted the view towards the ceiling? I still don`t understand what you exactly mean?

As Thorsten and i already said: There is no key action assigned to the cowl flaps. And if you would exactly read the map.pdf, then you would understand that only the mentioned aircraft uses the d-key for the cowl.
    And for joystick action you don`t need to assign any key. Instead assign the property to the joystick!

6. Default

Hi.
    OK, Here are some more pics for position.

>>As Thorsten and i already said: There is no key action assigned to the cowl flaps. And if you would exactly read the map.pdf, then you would understand that only the mentioned aircraft uses the d-key for the cowl. <<
    OK, that was not clear to me, I would have expected to Cowl flaps "D" key to be available to ALL acft since it is an important system.

>>And for joystick action you don`t need to assign any key. Instead assign the property to the joystick! <<
    If you look at the pick with the Jstick assignments I see no Cowl flaps assignment. Where do I find it?
    I added a higher res pic for Jstick.

Name:	FG-CpitHeadDwn.jpg 
Size:	129.8 KB 
ID:	208471Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FG-HeadUp.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	208472Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FG-JstkAsgs.jpg 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	208473
    Last edited by flytv1; 03-13-2019 at 03:31 PM.

About the pilot eye position: compare following real images with the the FGFS C182S:

Name:	C182S.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	302.9 KB 
ID:	208474

Name:	C182T2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	355.7 KB 
ID:	208475

And now FlightGear:

Name:	C182S_FGFS.jpg 
Size:	247.0 KB 
ID:	208476
    Only when eye leve is above the yellow line, you can see the cowling. But then is your head really hitting the ceiling.

@flytv1: select custom and assign the mentioned property.

Only few aircraft simulates cowl flaps in FlightGear, I`m only aware of three to four: SenecaII, DC3(JSBSim) I think, C182S and IAR80.

9. Default

Hi HHS.
    OK, I will try to find out how to use Custom. I am not sure where / what the Property is.
    It is true that there are not many acft that have Cowl flaps but some of the most commonly used for training like the 182, 182RG, Baron... have them.

About the Cowl view, I do not want you to be left with the impression that you can Not see the cowl, I suggest that you take some time and sit in one. I've spent many hundreds of hours in them.

One acft that is really needed is a C182RG not a single free good one exists presently.

Quote Originally Posted by flytv1 View Post
    About the Cowl view, I do not want you to be left with the impression that you can Not see the cowl, I suggest that you take some time and sit in one. I've spent many hundreds of hours in them.

I have No access to any aircraft. And even then, I`m not that tall and would have to raise up the seat and putting most forward to reach the pedals, hopefully not interfering with the yoke. So I would have a different view than you!

And that`s exactly what I found out in talks between pilots.
    And as the images I posted, shows - unless you stretch yourself- on the newer Cessna 182 it isn`t easy to see the cowling. That`s pure physics.

So actually your inputs are not helpful, since I still don`t know how to set the view- I need numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by flytv1 View Post
    I am not sure where / what the Property is.
    Code:
    /controls/engines/engine/cowl-flaps-norm

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast