Significant FPS drop after the 11.3x updates?

Guest viprit77

Guest viprit77

I went from 28-30fps down to 8fps. After noticing this, because it made X-Plane truly unusable, I disabled every plugin I had (minus two - notes ahead) and removed every ounce of non-default scenery. That improved the rate to 12fps. The only plugins I left were xEnviro and XPRealistic.

Using the plugin manager, I disabled XPRealistic first, and allowed xEnviro to run. The difference was a fraction of a single frame per second. Clearly XPRealistic wasn't the culprit.

So, I thought maybe it was xEnviro...I disabled it, while letting XPRealistic to stay running. There was a difference in FPS, but it was minimal, from 12fps to 16 fps.

I'm at a loss for any other explanation than the 11.3x updates themselves. (One other side note is that I did recently update my NVIDIA drivers. It was a change, so I thought it was worth noting.) Anyone else have a similar experience?

Hi Vip.

Post some info with your PC specs here for better help.

This is Not a typical behavior, I've upgraded, and tested most of the XP11 from 11.05 to 11.32 and the most difference I found when it upgraded from 11.20 to 11.3xx but it was in the order of 5-10 FPS difference. The most disappointing issues, for me, were the ability to use Shaders, Textures, terrain, older acft, flight dynamics elements available..

A couple of things that I've read about, I never had to do it, are to Save your Preferences and Shadercache / move them out of the XPlane directory and restart.

XP will recreate those files, but you will have to rest your JStick and other controller functions.

What I found to be the worst offenders are the Objects, AA,2x-4x max, and some of these these new useless features like Particles that can be disabled, read some of my messages, flytv1, posted here.

Archived