Experimental

wfederle

What aircraft? Usually under [General] in the aircraft.cfg you would get the type of aircraft like this:

[General]

performance=Length:27.4'\nSpan:36.3'\nWeight:2030 empty\nPower: Jacobs 300 radial engine\nRange: 610NM @max cruise\nDate:Aug 2003\

nDetails: 18,300ceiling, max speed 156kts, cruise 139kts \nDesigner: Lizardo

atc_type=Cessna

atc_model=C195

Category=airplane

You have to make sure you have the correct identity in for your particular aircraft.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Most homebuilt (or amateur built) aircraft, as well as many restored warbirds are required to use "experimental" as the type, in lieu of something such as Cessna, Piper, or Boeing. But the atc_type field mrzippy shows above is the place where that is controlled. As mrzippy asked, what type aircraft are you dealing with here?

In the real world you wouldn't say "Van's RV-8," any more than you would say 172. You'd instead say "Experimental," just as you'd say "Cessna."

All that being said, whatever you decide to put into that field for the specific aircraft is what it will say, up to a point, that point being whether the type is in the database of types that FS/P3D knows about internally. So have fun experimenting ( sorry :) )

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

This thread has a complete list of recognized airline codes and aircraft types:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?298488-Recognized-ATC-Airlines-Types-and-Models

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

As my mate Tiger says but there is another entry you could try if you are following an AI aircraft.

The ATC when asking the AI if they have you in sight won't say Experimental.

Works in Traffic View Board and Super Traffic View Board:

atc_type=SILENT

atc_model=C195

Or:

atc_type=Cessna

atc_model=SILENT

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived