WX Engine ???

louross

I don't think so. One program said for fs9, but the download requirement said fsx was and a steam or something was necessary, but not fs9. Guess that's just a bad lick thing.

lr.

Got FSwx, but the trial period is up and the "store" is closed as they say they're getting ready for a new version. ???

lou"wakemeatthemarker"ross

I don't think so. One program said for fs9, but the download requirement said fsx was and a steam or something was necessary, but not fs9. Guess that's just a bad lick thing.

lr.

Got FSwx, but the trial period is up and the "store" is closed as they say they're getting ready for a new version. ???

FSGRW certainly is for FS9 and works, I have it although I'm still using Active Sky Evolution. Simply familiar with ASE and happy to use it till it dies. FSGRW is there for my backup.

FSrealWX still works, a new version has been coming forever and it looks like the program may no longer have an active developer. For free weather, it is still great but if you want a pay product, I would certainly suggest you go with FSGRW than sink money into FSrealWX which may stop working tomorrow. You may also find problems getting what you paid for to work.

Edited by Skywatcher12
Mark Daniels

Yep. And as far as I know, you'll have to accept the wx that you create in msfs9. Looks like fs9 is slowly being disintegrated. Thanks for freeware makers like Tom at calclassics- prop liners- and the group over at historic jetliners group (or is it heavy jetliners group- DC8s, B707s, etc.

lr.

lou"wakemeatthemarker"ross

I did download a program from fs realwx that expired a day later, and now I've downloaded fsrealwx pro which, according to the readme, will expire in 18 days.

lr.

I haven't used it but going from memory from what I read from other users:

Free version never expires. You get that message but it works forever.

Pro version I'm not sure. Maybe for a limited time you now have the pro features. After the expiry date you may find you just have the freeware features. The free features will likely never expire in the pro version either.

A user may be able to confirm what I have written but don't worry about what it says. You will see if it is still working or not. I expect the freeware features won't stop working.

Mark Daniels

The in-built weather has been inconsistent for many years. I'm surprised how many people are actually using it every time it stops working and they try to find out why. The external weather options are so much better.

i have tried ti use Fsrealwx but I cant get it to work.

• 5 months later...

I have used fs realwx lite for many years with great success, but thought I would give realwx pro a try. I installed the application, but it does not run satisfactorily; it starts and downloads the correct data for the correct location quickly, and after some delay it will sometimes load the weather correctly into fs9. But, when it does so, after flying for perhaps 20 minutes, the weather in fs9 goes clear/calm, and there seems to be no way to keep it current with my location. Is there a secret I'm missing?

Nadlzfw