FSX steam: Gear lever jumps up and down

BruceA

MY PC is working on WIN.10. I have these add ons:

>Steam Ed.-FTX Trees

>Steam Ed.REX 4 Texture

>Steam Ed.McDonnold Douglas DC10

>Steam Ed. Boeing 747 200/300

>Steam Ed. HD Airport Graphics

What I experience is the aircrfat view changing continuously and the landing gear lever mowing up and down continuously.

Is there any good haerted PC wizard that can help me?

To win over chaos you must Divide and Conquer:

try to isolate to the problem source...problems are either interference, hardware, software, firmware, or jellyware.

Things I'd check (easiest first)

0. If you have a joystick it could be interfering. You can disable it temporarily with Control+K; see if anything changes.

1. Make sure in FSX-SE.cfg that the [CONTROLS] Controls_Default=Standard and Controls_Current=Standard

2. Default gear toggle is assigned to 'G' key. Remove that assignment and see how the gear behaves. Try a different key assignment.

3. If you have changed any key assignments, make a backup copy of your current standard.xml file located at C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\Controls\standard.xml then in the controls section click the restore defaults button to reset to initial conditions.

There also should be a fresh copy of standard.xml in your install folder - that's your 'default copy' - hope you haven't messed with it.

4. If you use a wireless keyboard, check or change your batteries; reseat usb wireless key. Try a different keyboard.

5. Temporarily turn off potential sources of radio interference nearby or in house; everything but the computer. See if it changes.

6. You could also try to repair/validate files (I looked for that but couldn't remember where it is/was - could it have been removed from Steam) - If nothing else worked I'd make a backup copy of my install and then try a new install

7. I'd find a new hobby until I was ready to upgrade my gaming rig. I will not reinstall Windows to recover ANY single game.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Archived