FSX in Windows10 Acceleration Question.

ColR1948

I recently upgraded to Windows10, I got FSX Gold Disk version installed and running, I also installed Acceleration from the disk and that installed the missions and extra aircraft OK.

When I open FSX I no longer get the screen that says I have Acceleration, just the plain ordinary one.

I am trying to get TrafficToolBox installed but again having problems, I've edited the DLL xml and I think I did it right but no tools showing in the menu bar.

Any ideas please?

The most critical thing is to INSURE that you have the correct VERSION MATCHING for the SDK. I would recommend careful and precise following of the instructions here at FSDEVELOPER.COM. It's always worked for me.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

@llivaudais, Thank you, that helped, I had this problem last time I tried to install toolbox.

It was strange I tried to install the SDK from the Acceleration disk and it told me to install from disk 1, so I did that and it installed OK.

Then edited the xml file, no show in the sim, so I then tried to install from the acceleration disk, this time it told me it would remove the old SDK and install the one from the acceleration disk, this time it installed.

So I go in the sim, still no show of the tools, I think the problem is I have FSX installed on my D: drive under the name FlightSimX so I edited the xml file again putting the D: in the path, tried various entries but still no show.

As I said I had this before with my old copy, I can't remember what I did but in the end I got the tools to show, but it was a pain.

Col.

Hi Colin,

I had the same trouble myself last year. The line was incorrect on mine, I entered the full path instead and it's worked fine ever since:

Object Placement Tool

False

False

C:\FSX SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll

Traffic Toolbox

False

False

C:\FSX SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll

Visual Effects Tool

False

False

C:\FSX SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll

Just enter the full path to your FSX SDK folder (I renamed mine as you can see) and you should be up and running.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I also noticed that your Visual Effects Tool is disabled.

Where it says TRUE, change that to a FALSE. All in caps.

And your Object Placement Tool is also disabled.

I'm actually not sure if it should be disabled or not. Do they show up under Addons in the Sim? If not you now know why, they are disabled.

I haven't either, but I believe I have used the Object Placement Tool back in FS2004. What that does is self-explanatory. It allows you to place objects at airports, etc. What the Visual Effects Tool does I'm not sure. Sounds like you can add fireworks, forest fires, and all that rot with it.

ADE allows you to place objects as well. I've used to a great extent an object placer add-on by Abacus I think it was. I used it in FS2004 to build Area-51. All you did was go to your modules drop down in-game (called addons in FSX) and select the object placer and you simply slewed your aircraft around and placed the object. It would then appear in real time. Was a great product and I have plans on purchasing the FSX version. I believe there are two add-ons that have this level of functionality. But I don't remember their names now without doing some research. I'm pretty sure one was created by Abacus. The other could have been from Flight1, though I'm not sure. I have my doubts.

Archived