Radio stacks

Skyflyer4

Hi Forum,

I am using the Cherokee file and it does not have a radio stack. what steps are needed to install those type of files. I am a newbie

to this form of programing. Where can I learn or read up on these programing ,I have a radio file but another member said to use a

pop up file?

Thanks

BD 4 pilot

I assume you want the radio stack to look like this, never mind the missing round gauges! I don't use FS2004!

piper.JPG

If you still have that radio stack download, what you need to do is unzip each of the.zip files and put each of the .bmp and .gau files into your panel folder. Make sure to put the glass.tff font file into your Fonts folder. Aslo the .wav sound files into your main Sound folder. That's it!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Good morning, Mr Zippy

Thanks for your quick answer to my question, however i need a little more help. I am not sure where

exactly to install unzipped files. when I open the main FS9 file I see the following folders.

these are the files that the radio stack download has unzipped.

Aircraft

Fonts,Gauges,Sound,Texture,File_ID_DIZ I did not see any Panel file on the main file listing, so do I just go to the Cherokee file and load there or just to the aircraft file. sorry just getting the hang of it.

Thanks

Good morning, Mr Zippy

Thanks for your quick answer to my question, however i need a little more help. I am not sure where

exactly to install unzipped files. when I open the main FS9 file I see the following folders.

these are the files that the radio stack download has unzipped.

Aircraft

Fonts,Gauges,Sound,Texture,File_ID_DIZ I did not see any Panel file on the main file listing, so do I just go to the Cherokee file and load there or just to the aircraft file. sorry just getting the hang of it.

Thanks

Yes, go to the Cherokee folder and open it. Inside will be the panel folder and that's where to install the .bmp and .gau files. The glass.tff file goes into your Fonts folder, which is part of your Main file/folder.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes, go to the Cherokee folder and open it. Inside will be the panel folder and that's where to install the .bmp and .gau files. The glass.tff file goes into your Fonts folder, which is part of your Main file/folder.

Good morning Mr Zippy, thanks for information you provided, Iwas able to load the radio stacks.

I had a weird problem , when run the FS9 program it opens up to the main page, but it has this message. Scenery.cfg file error.invalid remote scenery path in scenery area.025, I click OK and every

think loads and works, just trying to figure out how to fix this error-- Thanks again

Area.025 should be the default New York photo scenery layer:

[Area.025]

Title=New York Aerial Photo

Layer=25

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=Scenery\Cities\NewYork

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Area.025 should be the default New York photo scenery layer:

[Area.025]

Title=New York Aerial Photo

Layer=25

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

Local=Scenery\Cities\NewYork

Hello Tom, For some reason I do not fine a scenery.cfg in the main file. I looked under all files that had the name scenery and could not fine what you called out .I did see a file with cites listed and Newyork is listed. Not sure where to go and what to do when I know what folder to load.

thanks for your help

BD 4 pilot

Hi,

In Windows Explorer/My Computer, go to Tools/Folder Options/View tab. If the box:

Hide extensions for known file types

is checked, uncheck it. Then look for a scenery.cfg file in the main FS folder.

Morning , I did find the scenery .cfg file and the bottom line was missing. Local=Scenery\Cities\NewYork, I added that but when I went to save the added line it denied the change. what should I

do to get it to allow me to add that missing line.

Thanks

If you are using any OS from System 7 or later, the advice is to install the sim outside any Program Files folder. These folders have special security against editing files within them.

One workaround that usually works:

1. Copy the scenery.cfg file and paste it on the Desktop.

2. Edit this copy and save it.

3. Copy it and paste it back into the FS folder.

Hope this helps,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Archived