5 monitors on 1 geforce 1080

Hello, I currently run a triple monitor setup and am finishing up a home cockpit. I am buying a diagma 530 from someone here and have an enveno 8" monitor attached to a cougar mfd. So now I have a dilemma. I only have 4 monitor ports and 5 monitors. Is it possible to run all 5 without buying another graphics card or do i drop the monitor on the mfd?

If you only have 4 monitor ports on your 1080 then you can't run 5 monitors unless you have another graphics card. Aren't both the Diagma and Cougar self contained -- no need for another monitor? If it were me, I'd just forget about an external monitor on one of those 2 items and call it good.

Keep in mind, also, that the more monitors you have running through your 1080 the bigger hit you're going to take in resolution/fps in the simulator.

I have a 1080ti running three 32" monitors in P3Dv4 and I can just barely squeeze 30fps at high settings out of it (it even drops below that frame rate if I'm in a graphically congested area).

I don't know how it works but I know others use a second computer connecting to the sim over a network to help drive stuff.

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

Have you heard of "View Groups" in P3Dv4? It's a really nice way to set up multiple monitors. I know if you connect the three using your graphics cards software to get one long resolution that covers multiple monitors, the far ends get kind of distorted.

Using View Groups doesn't do that. You have three separate windows open, one on each monitor to extend your views. It's really pretty cool. You can even adjust for the bezels.

Here's a video on how to set it up. It's pretty easy. The guy who did the video is kind of long winded and doesn't really get to set up until a ways into it. But what he has to say is kind of interesting.

Prepar3d v4: HP Omen Desktop. Intel Core i7-8700K (6 Core, 3.7GHz), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (11GB dedicated GDDR5X), 16GB RAM, 2TB Hard Drive, 1TB SSD, 512GB SSD, Windows 10.

• 2 weeks later...
If you only have 4 monitor ports on your 1080 then you can't run 5 monitors unless you have another graphics card.

I had a similar problem with my 1080Ti. Unfortunately, I could not connect 4 monitors, but 3 work well.

The sky is my freedom

My setup: i7-7700 / EVGA GeForce 1080Ti / RAM 16Gb / SSD SanDisk 250 Gb / HDD Seagate Barracuda 2Tb / Asus monitor / Lenovo V410z

Archived