Sound Anomaly

stretch

Fix for sound issues when switching views in P3D 4.4

Some people may have noticed since updating to 4.4 when switching between internal and external views the engine always seem to spool up from idle, not a sim-breaking bug, but there's a fix that was posted on the Prepar3d forums that I thought I'd share.

(Prepar3D Config Location)

C:\Users\%YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT%\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg

Just add the following line to your prerpar3d.cfg under the [sOUND] section:

time_constant=0

I found this and thought it might be helpful :)

Cheers,

Aaron

Aaron

Don't do this in P3D V2. I tried it and it shuts off the audio in the Grumman Goose virtual cockpit, but only after the first view change from virtual to spot and back. Other views are still fine.

It doesn't really hurt anything, and commenting out or removing the line will restore the VC sound. But I tried it because in FSX and P3D (at least through V2.5) sometimes (not always) the VC audio sounds like full throttle, even when at idle, after being in spot view then back to VC. Adding full power for a few seconds brings audio back to normal.

It's not just the Goose with the problem (that's just the one I chose to test it), as several other (not all) aircraft have the same problem.

Just FYI.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Archived