Airline cancels flights to UK

ColR1948

Can't say I blame them. Brexit will entail renegotiating trade agreements, travel agreements, tariffs, visas, and dozens, or more, items affecting individfuals, business, and government. It is a can of worms which i predict in the long run will be regretted by even its most ardent supporters.

I perceive this much like the occasional threats by states to leave the US. The benefits of being in the US far outweigh the imagined benefits of striking out on their own.

Spot on jgf, it's a perfect storm. And today, FlyBMI has filed for administration partly due to Brexit:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47267901

Quote from the above article:

"British regional airline Flybmi has cancelled all its flights and filed for administration, the airline has announced.

The company said it had been badly affected by spikes in fuel and carbon costs and uncertainty over Brexit.

The East Midlands-based airline, which has 376 staff, operates 17 planes flying to 25 European cities.

Affected passengers have been told to contact their travel agents or insurance and credit card companies."

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived