MSVCR70.dll missing

skydoc01

Greetings,

I attempted to load FS 2004 and got an error message indicating that it can't load by virtue of MSVCR70.dll being missing. I thought of downloading it - but a number of sites warned against doing so indiscriminately - specifically warning of corrupt files. Has anyone had recent experience downloading clean copies of that file? If you have and your program has run successfully, (1) what was the source of the downloaded file - and what folder did you save the file to?

Thanks!

I've had this error several times in the past, due to migrating my disk image to a larger hard drive or new version of Windows. I download it from dll-files.com, which has two versions: 7.0.9064.0 and 7.0.9466.0 https://www.dll-files.com/msvcr70.dll.html

Download them both and see which one works for you. If the later one works, stick with that. Copy and paste it into C:\Windows\System32 folder, AND if you're using x64 Windows, C:\Windows\SysWOW64.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Archived