25hz Monitor setting low brightness?

gambia

Hello,

i was recently setting my main Display (Asus vg248qe) to 25hz because i got excelent smoothness with that. (it really works amazing even on my 5 year old machine) For normal use of my Laptop i usually reset the frequency back to 60hz. I use Nvidia Control Panel to do that.

I now noticed that my screen is much darker on 25hz then it use to be on 60hz. I was wondering how to cerrect it? Should i just adjust the brightness in the Nvidia Control Panel or is there another reason for that?

I was searching a bit arround google but unfortunatly found no answer to that .

This monitor has vertical refresh rate between 50 and 144hz (and horizontal between 30 and 140).

If you have forced it to 25 hz (below 50) you may have damaged the monitor.

Other possibility is that you set a different colour profile by mistake. Many people that buy this monitor think it is too bright at default setting, and set up a colour profile. Info on how to set those up you can find online.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I do not know technically why but I have read many reports of the same thing. Myself, when I use my monitor at 30hz the colors are a bit washed out or not as bright. I can adjust the color and brightness manually but frankly, it's a PITA. I finally quit using 30hz and just adjusted my system a little better to get ot as smooth at 60.

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

It takes skill to re-tune a modern monitor to operate at a non-native frequency - and a collection of tech-support products.

Tell me you didn't just force the frequency because of something you read on the world wide web?

The vertical refresh rate is normally fixed within a very tight definition. Altering outside those rates can damage the monitor permanently and irrevocably.

Hi my people thank you verry much for your advices. Wel in the end i came up with going back to my standarts. Turning V sync off and locking the frames at 24FPS makes the best expiriance on my old machine. WEll that monitor is somehow a TANK. Even trough mytesting it was never been demaged. I live in the Gambia in Africa and that monitor faces dust and havy rain even and still works nice. Strong as ASUS is ;) well i give up on 30HZ now because i think i will now get myself a new Laptop with more power andthen i am also ready for the future. maybe the ASUS G 703? lets see Thank you all for the nice help.

Archived