New X-Plane 11 user Cessna 185 panel problem

Vic185

Hello all , l am a Cessna 185 owner and recently became an xplane user. I purchased xp11 and the carenado 185 add on. the plane is excellent and I am surprised how similar it is. The panel is 3d only and I would like to move the vertical airspeed indicator where I can see it and shuffle a few other things around.

Can I buy or find a template that is similar and easy to change around, I don't mind if it is 2d.

The purpose is to practice ifr in a plane configured like mine.

Regards

Victor;)

Hi Vic.

It would help if you post a pic with the exist and want and you may get better help.

It sounds like you may have an older model 185?

XP11 makes things very difficult to move / add / change instruments in 3D, but you may be able to build your own panel in 2D, which you can move around, you will not be able to get the good visuals that you get in 3D but if you know what you want you will be able to live with it.

Hi Vic.

In the XP11 and later, there is no blank panel that I know of, the reason being everything that LR does in the panel is 3D oriented / dictated. The only way to change something is to import the object in Bender or Sketchup and modify it in 3D.

The only way I can think of that you may be able to do it is to start with acft, like the C210 that has a 2D panel, see pic below, that may, or may not work in the latest version,1130+, it's OK in 1120, about 90% of the older planes do not, and modify that.

A lot of work, it may be easier to just redo your real acft to look like the XP panel.

I mostly gave up on trying to stay current with XP, just not worth the effort for me, and how I use it.

C210-2D-Pnl.jpg

• 1 year later...