P-38 Decided it was time for some old military

DAVIDSTRAKA

fsx_p-38_39th_fs.zip

FSX P-38 Cobra In The Clouds. This isDavid C. Copley's Lockheed P38 Lightning updated for Microsoft Flight SimulatorX. This aircraft with the top hatted skull belongs to by Bob Faurot who has thehonor of the first P-38 kill in the Pacific. This P-38, tail number 42-12633 ofthe 39th Fighter Squadron "Cobra In The Clouds", carries Bob Faurot's#16. This aircraft includes a 2D and 3D P-38 panel and also includes historyand pictures of the actual aircraft. Updated 2D panel original by Mel Mutter.VC panel now works in FSX. Includes two textures, one regular and onesemi-gloss. Updates by Mark Rooks of RDG Aircraft.

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

fsscr006.jpg

fsscr007.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great, I've the same bird in my sim, flies like a dream! :cool::cool::cool:

You bet, flys really great

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice David! I do like the P-38 and it looks like you do, too! You're even showing off it's underside! "You go, David!"

Rick :cool:

I needed a little acrobatic time. Its been a while.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David - I just sent you a PM

Rick

I just replied

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

nice shots david ....... And if peer says that it " flies like a dream! ", then it must be very easy to fly.

lol!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great shots, David! I have both Cobra in the Clouds and Fear the Reaper!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]207610[/ATTACH]

guess I need the Reaper!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Love these shots, David. Great!

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Love these shots, David. Great!

Best wishes.

Khalid

Thanks Khalid! Flies great and awesome engine sounds.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David,

Great shot of the Lightning. My wife and I cut the cable some years ago. Recently we got a "new" on-the-air channel, H&I TV. Saturday and Sundays they are showing Black Sheep Squadron. One of the episodes last week end showcased a P-38. Beautiful, graceful looking bird along side the Corsairs. I'm a round engine admirer but those Allisons. I might just have to get me a P-38 for the hanger after seeing your shots.

Bill

Bill Mattson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Airspeed, altitude and ideas, bad to run out of all three at the same time

David,

Great shot of the Lightning. My wife and I cut the cable some years ago. Recently we got a "new" on-the-air channel, H&I TV. Saturday and Sundays they are showing Black Sheep Squadron. One of the episodes last week end showcased a P-38. Beautiful, graceful looking bird along side the Corsairs. I'm a round engine admirer but those Allisons. I might just have to get me a P-38 for the hanger after seeing your shots.

Bill

I've heard of H&I. They run a lot of the original Star Trek episodes on there I believe. I do remember the Black Sheep. One of those shows that added to my interest in aviation. This P-38 is a treat to fly!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A good looking P-38 David. your displayed it nicely. :cool: :cool: :)

Thanks Larry!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't keep it a secret Rick. Where did you get the nice silver one from ?

Jim

Well, Uncle Jim, you ask about the nice silver one, knowing you, "you ain't seen nothing yet!" Hold on a minute, got something else that goes with that nice silver one!

2019-2-11_11-52-32-554.jpg

The download is on this site's library. I did a search for FS2004 warbirds, Lockheed P-38, file name is p38tdl24.zip. Go get it and I will email you with some info on this. Oh, check out the above pic! I know you are crazy into red spinners, how about this one?

David - Everything work out for you?

Hi Rick. Still need to work on it. I will keep you posted!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived