Is there a Piper Dakota Aircraft that will run in FSX running on Windows 7?

My goal it to get a Piper Dakota aircraft working in FSX running on Windows 7.

I have both the Dreamfleet Piper Dakota and the Carendo Piper Dakota but can not get either to work. Dreamfleet's Dakota shows up in FSX but crashes FSX as soon as it tries to load the Garmin GNS trainer (makes sense that Garmin app only runs in XP) Carendo install works but the aircraft does not show up in FSX.

What I was wondering is if anyone in the group knows of a way to get Dreamfleet to not load the Garmin GNS part. I thought maybe if that part did not load it would not crash and then I could use my F1GTN app to add a Garmin GTN to the panel.

Or has anyone ported Carendo Piper Dakota to FSX/Windows 7?

Or is there a newer Piper Dakota made by someone that would work?

I know this is a shot in the dark but thought I should at least check with you all.

Thank you for your time!

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm curious why you chose to post this in Real Aviation, rather than FSX forum. It would get better exposure there. Perhaps a moderator will move it for you.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

My goal it to get a Piper Dakota aircraft working in FSX running on Windows 7.

I have both the Dreamfleet Piper Dakota and the Carendo Piper Dakota but can not get either to work. Dreamfleet's Dakota shows up in FSX but crashes FSX as soon as it tries to load the Garmin GNS trainer (makes sense that Garmin app only runs in XP) Carendo install works but the aircraft does not show up in FSX.

What I was wondering is if anyone in the group knows of a way to get Dreamfleet to not load the Garmin GNS part. I thought maybe if that part did not load it would not crash and then I could use my F1GTN app to add a Garmin GTN to the panel.

Or has anyone ported Carendo Piper Dakota to FSX/Windows 7?

Or is there a newer Piper Dakota made by someone that would work?

I know this is a shot in the dark but thought I should at least check with you all.

Thank you for your time!

I couldn't find that airplane for FSX in the "Files" section, but I noticed that Carenado used to make the Dakota for FS 2004. It seems odd that they didn't make an FS X version that works with Windows 7 between then and now. But, try asking in the FSX forum - somebody might have suggestions that can get you going without buying anything else. Here's the link to the FSX forum:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/forumdisplay.php?25-FSX

Good luck,

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Archived