C-47 Finnish Airlines. Cold flight! (FSX)

peer01

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Zippy and Rick for polishing my DC-3. Much appreciated! :cool::cool:

I was just a young kid and my Grandfather showed me how to polish his bare metal Cessna 180. That was my Grandfather, though! I'll be damned if I am going to be polishing a bare metal DC-3, and that you can take to the bank! :rolleyes:

Rick :cool:

I was just a young kid and my Grandfather showed me how to polish his bare metal Cessna 180. That was my Grandfather, though! I'll be damned if I am going to be polishing a bare metal DC-3, and that you can take to the bank! :rolleyes:

I think they get on scaffoldings and use power tools to polish so much area. I have seen various drill attachments that do a wonderful job of polishing, such as cloth discs and fluffy spheres. In my humble opinion its not so much as a difference between you and your grandpa, as the difference between the size of a Dakota and a Cessna 180. If I owned a Cessna 185 I would polish her adoringly any time. I did hear however, pilots claiming that they get up to 10 knots extra airspeed for the same power setting with a polished ship.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 months later...

Jan, I have this aircraft but it is showing the the props as black disks, I've tried the copy and paste from other similar aircraft but that is not working.

I also tried the tutorial on here of how to edit the alpha, it tells you to use MS Paint as the editor but in Win10 it seems different to the instructions.

So how did you get the props to show as they do?

Col.

Col - You said you tried "Prop Spin" files from other aircraft. My C-47 has a file in the texture called Prop_DC3 and all is good. I read one post from someone, who had the same experience and he got a file from a Howard 500 and it worked?

Hope you find a fix!

Hi Rick, Thanks I'll have a look, I tried various props that work on other aircraft but for some reason they showed the black disk on this.

I've had this before on other aircraft and the copy and paste normally fixes it.

Col.

Col and Jan - I really don't know if that (FS9 vs FSX) is what is causing the black disks, BUT, Jan, I have that C47 which is the bare metal C47 with the long range tanks in it, and my C47 works fine. It is an FS2004 download, and if Col, chose to do so, maybe he could download that, and maybe copy the prop spin from it, and have a second C47 to boot! Download file name is c47_5tk.zip on this site's library. Just trying to offer a possible solution. Here is my C47:

2018-9-22_14-14-32-654.jpg

Edited by Downwind66
File name incorrect, sorry!

Every one escaping the heat, like he can. Fine pics!

BTW, hope you're aware that me and my friends had cocktails on you tab at the aerodrome bar :):) to counter that heat wave in Europe. check that thread: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?317374-You-Won-t-Get-Much-More-From-me-These-Days!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Yep, I tried that too earlier thinking it was the model. I just tried it with the Howard props but still the black disks.

Sorry, Col, I typed the incorrect file name on my download, "My Bad!" I edited the post, so the correct one appears! You know, I have seen the fix somewhere for this same problem, do you think I can remember where? NO!

Hi Rick, Yes I saw a thread with a fix, if its the same one it refers to DTXBmp and then selecting MS Paint as the editor.

I did that but my MS Paint doesn't seem to have what the instructions say, I am on Windows 10 so maybe they changed it slightly.

My normal editor in Paint.net I had a look in that but to be honest I'm not to familiar with editing alpha files.

Col.