M. Jahn C-47 & FSUIPC

Tom68

I’m trying to setup a control panel for Manfred Jahn’s C-47. I have everything working except the start switches.

I actually have them so they do start the engines, but it behaves & sounds different than when I use my mouse to click on the switch.

I’ve tried numerous Lvars, FSX controls, offsets and many combinations. Anyone have this working or know what Lvars to use?

I’ve used both the Lua plug-in logging and the FSUIPC logging to try to see which vars are being used. However, I can’t make much sense of what I see.

Thanks.

Hi,

I don't have this particular aircraft but the one i use has 3 lvars for the engine switches. One to actually start the engine ,one for the VC visuals of the switch

And one for the sound of the switch.

I checked the LINDA module downloads but unfortunately nobody has made a module for this aircraft which suggests no-one has been before you.

This makes it hard work when you get stuck with a trace as i know to my cost!

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I did find one of the Lvars does the VC visuals as you suggest. I'm surprised there aren't a lot of folks who've done this aircraft. Its a wonderful airplane to fly.

Thanks for your reply, hopefully there's someone out there who knows and sees this. In the meantime, I'll keep guessing.

• 9 months later...

Do you use the autostart function of the monitor? You have to enable Water Rudder Start first (the "k" on the "Engines"-part of the Monitor-window (Shift-4) has to be white (you can assign that to a switch using Mouse Macro function of fsuipc). Now build Mouse Macros for "Select Engine #" and " "Start" (red S) and assign the Macros to switches. Works in my Setup as long as you do not resize the Monitor window.

If someone knows fsuipc-Offsets for those functions, plese tell me!

If you want to perform the full procedure using the switches in the VC, you can also make Mouse Macros and assign them to switches. Works fine in my setup. Only issue: These are toggle commands, when you cannot see the VC, you do not know, in which positions the switches are. I found Offset 3B78 for left Generator and Offset 3AB8 for right generator working (Offset Word). Does someone know the Offsets for Starters, Fuel Pumps, AuxPumps, Primers?

Don't know about offsets, or how to trace them, but a bit about the vars and the coding, because I did most of it :)

The easiest route, to my mind, supposing you have v3.1406, that's the uptodatest, would be to check the xml coding of the clipboard gauge (Shift-5), page 2, which is the engine startup. As I am sure you know, the checklist lines are executable, so if you manage to translate those few lines of xml into your offset thingy you should be good to go. Let me know if you need any further pointers. Magnetos and mixture should also become part of the process, I suppose?

Cheers

Manfred

Edited by mjahn