Turning down the bass

I have bought Logitech,2 speakers and 1 bass and now I have all this bass and very little ATC sound. I have not put any new sound drivers on. Realtek high definition Audio has been on this computer from the start. I have gone in and uncheck all bass and I still have the bass very heavy. I click on sound and 3 sound systems come up 32 inch LG FHD, Applications, Mozilla Firefox. I have the speakers on mute Applications and Mozilla Firefox and the bass is there. I have the speakers plug in to the 32 inch Monitor the same, unplug from Monitor plug in the back of computer the same????:confused::confused:

Dan

As a P-51 pilot said :pilot: "She Climbs Like A Home Sick Angel":pilot:

If your realtek sound is on the mainboard (not an addon card) then download the latest realtek sound driver for the board and install it.

I did that recently and in the realtek HD Audio menu it gave me two or three extra menus, one of which was an equaliser menu.

(I have a gigabyte GA-Z77X-d3h mainboard and had not updated my onboard sound driver since installing everything 4 years ago.

When looking something about it up about a sound issue recently I noticed all example images in threads looked different from my menus. Turned out theirs looked diffedrent because they had updated their drivers.)

One of the new menus also allows me to adjust balance between left and right speaker.

It could be that with your speakers it will also allow adjusting balance for the bass speaker in relation to the other two.

I specifically started with "if yours is onboard sound..." because it was in my case.

If you have an addon realtek card a new driver may also help, but then you should download that from the card manufacturer (realtek) directly.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, I have Logiteck Z313 went on line, this speakers do not require any driver. I was looking at the instruction and it had the speakers plugging in the back of the bass speaker. I must have hit it with my foot. Every think is sounding good again. Guys thanks for your help :pilot:
As a P-51 pilot said :pilot: "She Climbs Like A Home Sick Angel":pilot:

Archived