default runways

amberdog1

You could try a replacement AFCAD like this one in the library here:

FSX - FSX Scenery

FSX Scenery--Honolulu International Airport

[ Download | View ]

Name: fsx_phnl_rs.zip

Size: 2,603,894 Date: 12-16-2015 Downloads: 6,616

FSX Scenery--Honolulu International Airport (PHNL) Hawaii (HI), USA. This airport update is for PHNL with two optional files made only for FSX, one version with the crosswind runways activated where all four runways will be used for takeoff/landing and one version as the default runway operation. Assigned parking as per their website with extra parking including gates for the A380, taxiways and taxi signs updated to the latest charts, hazardous cargo pad and buildings added, fuel tank farm, helipad, Lagoon Dr. also included, support vehicle roads rebuilt and many other scenery objects added. Airport views are from the roof of the control tower (when in tower view). By Ray Smith.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Tim thank you for your idea, didn't work for me. I tried using the default b747, b777-200 and an a380. All had me go to runway 4R. I also tried with AS16 weather and making changes to the winds, used the weather in FSX and everything remained the same.

TRhanks for trying, ad

Hi,

ATC will always direct you to the nearest runway from your parking spot.

A few years ago I downloaded Antonio Arreghini's KORD 2016 upgrade for FS9. In the readme he briefly mentions why he shortened 9L/28R with an extra long overrun. I emailed him for extra info. Here's a copy/paste of some of his explanation relating to takeoffs (applies to FS9, FSX and probably P3D).

PS: Another important factor to take into account is that, to avoid cloaking, it is important in such a busy airport (=with many AI planes) to have one runway dedicated EXCLUSIVLY to T/O and one for Landings. If more are presents, you can chose, but be aware that the most “outern” RW are more prone to be used for landing, and the inner ones (closer to the parking spots) are used to T/O. The reason is that, after the group is selected, the runway closest to the airplane position gets priority. So if you leave all runway active, still the AI will be sent to take off to the closes places from parkings, and will land to the closest runway available.

Antonio Arreghini

>>

Also, I use both ASE and AS6.5. Both have a "Refresh AI" button. Sometimes I need to hit that button several times before AI/ATC resets to the current weather.

Regards,

DDP.

Don't know why I didn't think of that, I did that in an FS9 airport and it worked great, since going over to FSX I haven't messed with AFCADS.

As mentioned above the AI flow worked a lot better, plus in the airport I did this I also had the taxiing routes separated so they didn't conflict with each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived