Ground Attacks

il2crashesnfails

Very nice video! Thank you for the post.

A note if I may: Machine gunners are trained to keep the burst length short. They don't just clamp down on the triggers and let it run. If you do, you'll be replacing barrels every few bursts. It also allows you keep the sights on target. They tend to climb, even the "mounted" weapons. Not the aircraft mounted weapons, just ground-based or hand-held ones.

That's the main reason they added the 3-round burst capability to the M-16A2, M4, etc. Infantry troops are NOT known for their cranial capacity, and have the terrible habit of emptying magazines in one trigger squeeze, whatever their training. Especially when under combat stresses. We used to have the hardest time stopping them from blasting out entire magazines, whooping and hollering the whole time.

By the time the magazine ran out, they were aimed somewhere around 45° in the air.

Not too many enemies up there...

Anywho, thanks for the vid!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Very nice video! Thank you for the post.

A note if I may: Machine gunners are trained to keep the burst length short. They don't just clamp down on the triggers and let it run. If you do, you'll be replacing barrels every few bursts. It also allows you keep the sights on target. They tend to climb, even the "mounted" weapons. Not the aircraft mounted weapons, just ground-based or hand-held ones.

That's the main reason they added the 3-round burst capability to the M-16A2, M4, etc. Infantry troops are NOT known for their cranial capacity, and have the terrible habit of emptying magazines in one trigger squeeze, whatever their training. Especially when under combat stresses. We used to have the hardest time stopping them from blasting out entire magazines, whooping and hollering the whole time.

By the time the magazine ran out, they were aimed somewhere around 45° in the air.

Not too many enemies up there...

Anywho, thanks for the vid!

Pat☺

Yep, I tend to hold on to fire button too long, It because I cant hit anything so i need volume of fire :(

Archived