Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: I can't get my 747 off the ground on takeoff from Boeing Field, Seattle, WA. Need he

The 747-400 will take off by itself. Dial in +8.0 pitch trim. And 50% flaps (10% on flaps gauge - see pic). Set parking brake. Go full throttle for 5 seconds. Release parking brake. As soon as it starts to roll press the 'G' key (gear up). Let it get 3/4 down runway, GENTLY lift the nose wheel. It will climb, and as it does reduce the pitch trim by tapping the '7' key (keypad) repeatedly. Remove flaps, reduce throttle, s/b at 210 kts, and 1200 ft. Take over and fly it. Remember: It's heavy, it has lots of momemtum, and once it stalls you are DONE (you can't recover a fully loaded 747 once it hits stall speed!). So stay ahead of the curve. Anticipate EVERYTHING! And don't worry your engines are 'in the red' for a minute. It's 'ok'. Really! OK? OK!
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	747_Flaps & Trim.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	207342  
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

As for being mostly retired gentlemen.... I don't know about that!

All I know is that I'm retired, and as long as my Commanding Officer (CWO3 Andersen, Margaret C., Legion of Merit p.p., U.S. Army Vet Corps (Rtd)), hangs on to my sorry ass, that's all I desire in the gentlemen department.

Jorgen

I accept that Jorgen, Margaret must have had good reasons for hanging on to you all these years?

Rick

4. Default

I know my thoughts would be clearer if I could upload screen shots of my FS X B747 takeoffs.

It turns out that 'BMP' is bitmap. (It's what I get when I press Keyboard V when in FS X mode.) I can't seem to be able to convert BMP (or any other type) to GIF or JPG.

I appreciate all your help.
    Last edited by KrayCott AirCo; 01-28-2019 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Update or rearrange thought

I hope you are going to FSX/Pilot Records/Photo to see your screenshots. This is how you transfer to your desktop as .JPG From your desktop you can insert them into your posts.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.JPG 
Views:	13 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	207343

Name:	shot1.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	207344

Name:	shot2.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	207345

Name:	shot3.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	207346
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Quote Originally Posted by KrayCott AirCo View Post
    I know my thoughts would be clearer if I could upload screen shots of my FS X B747 takeoffs.

It turns out that 'BMP' is bitmap. (It's what I get when I press Keyboard V when in FS X mode.) I can't seem to be able to convert BMP (or any other type) to GIF or JPG.

I appreciate all your help.
    Ken - Why don't we just get the flying down first, before the pics! Or are you still having problems taking off? I personally think you jumped too fast too far in going to the 747, but you are there now and I am not going to discourage you in your efforts. We found out what was creating the original problem and I would have thought you would be flying now, but, apparently not! Please bring us all up to date where you are with the 747. Are you flying, or wish you were flying, or just what is going on in general! I am just a regular member on here that enjoys the flying and interacting with the other members on here. There are flight instruction sections included with FSX which should aid in your quest for learning how to fly. You might have gone there but had difficulty in grasping what was required of the lessons and that can be understood. BUT the members on here cannot devote themselves to providing you with personalized flying lessons! Yes, we members are willing to help you along the way, but you have to find some way of getting the bulk of this on your own. At least, slow down, and if you are having problems, communicate effectively with us, Please! We have gone from not being able to takeoff in a 747 and now we are answering questions about screenshots! I started out taking lessons in a 2 seater Cessna 150, and now you are wanting to fly a 747. Something doesn't add up here, but hey, I can be a slow learner at times!

Thanks - Rick

If you look at the attached picture the auto throttle has two key functions attached to it. I have always armed the auto throttle on the ground and then engaged such. What you are looking at Ken is all the functions that you will find in the kneeboard.

Name:	TOGA.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	175.4 KB 
ID:	207349
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1080
    CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K [email protected]
    Memory: 16.00GB Ram
    Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39” Monitor
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Ken, I attempted taking a default 747 off the ground at EDDH - Hamburg Airport. I loaded a free flight, again using a default 747, then, at the end of the runway selected 10 deg. flaps down, did the Shift+R to arm the autothrottle, then Crtl+Shift+G to engage autothrottle, and the contraption started moving down the runway. I advanced my throttle (maybe needlessly) fully, and rotated when the ASI showed 160 knots and was airborne just like that without any issues at all........

Jorgen

He got our sympathy. He got us showing him how to do 'ScrnPrnt' to make a jpg. He is using keyboard to fly. His 'F4' (full trottle key) is 'stuck' so he is going to need a new keyboard. Then he is going to ask for us to get him a joystick. Then a better video card. Then he will ask us questions on how to best play 'Call Of Duty' or 'Grand Theft Auto' that he got for his birthday. I can see the writing on the wall.... . (Not born yesterday, you know!)
    Chuck B
    Napamule
    i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D. FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast