how high before dropping bomb with stuka?

il2crashesnfails

Well, according to Wiki:

When the aircraft was reasonably close to the target, a light on the contact altimeter came on to indicate the bomb-release point, usually at a minimum height of 450 m (1,480 ft)

Ju87V2_A.jpg

After the bomb release, the automatic pullup system would take over, because the pullup was normally about 6G, causing the pilot to take a short nap. After the G was off, the pilot would wake up, of course, open the cooling flaps, and away he'd fly. Amazing systems technology for the era, really. Automatic deployment of the dive flaps, and retraction at the right time, automatic bomb drop at a predetermined radio height, automatic pull-up, automatic engine and prop pitch control, etc etc.

Even the "trapeze" the bomb was mounted on, and dropped from, was a pretty little bit of design.

Very impressive plane, over-all. Lousy air-to-air combatant, though. Very vulnerable to a "real" fighter.

Does that all help?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Well, according to Wiki:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]207249[/ATTACH]

After the bomb release, the automatic pullup system would take over, because the pullup was normally about 6G, causing the pilot to take a short nap. After the G was off, the pilot would wake up, of course, open the cooling flaps, and away he'd fly. Amazing systems technology for the era, really. Automatic deployment of the dive flaps, and retraction at the right time, automatic bomb drop at a predetermined radio height, automatic pull-up, automatic engine and prop pitch control, etc etc.

Even the "trapeze" the bomb was mounted on, and dropped from, was a pretty little bit of design.

Very impressive plane, over-all. Lousy air-to-air combatant, though. Very vulnerable to a "real" fighter.

Does that all help?

Pat☺

yeah thanks, 450m I was way too low!

Archived