Two monitors question!

Hello All

Having some time to kill I remembered I had an old 19 inch monitor , and wondered about using dual monitors, one to display my Fsnavigator page for instance and the main monitor to display the 'normal' flight display

To cut things short both monitors are working BUT! I can only display Fs9 on one monitor at a time (by draging it across from one to the other.)

Is it possible for me to have my normal flight display ( 2d ,spot , vc etc ) on my primary display and at the same time my FsNav display on the older smaller monitor .

Hope this post makes sense ,any advice gratefully received. Would be nice to make use of an old monitor rather than have it withering in junk cupboard.

Thanks Andrew

PS Iam using Windows 10

Hi Andrew

I'm not as familiar with all aspects of FSX as other forum members but I do have FSX and P3D running on 6 monitors. But, I have the sim running in Windowed mode.

In the following pic you can see three. Main screen, LCD displaying gauges and left LCD showing map and weather programs. Three other screens display oxygen gauges and the 2 fuel tanks in the wings.

I hope this helps.

Ed

sp7eGZe.jpg

Hi Andrew

I'm not as familiar with all aspects of FSX as other forum members but I do have FSX and P3D running on 6 monitors. But, I have the sim running in Windowed mode.

In the following pic you can see three. Main screen, LCD displaying gauges and left LCD showing map and weather programs. Three other screens display oxygen gauges and the 2 fuel tanks in the wings.

I hope this helps.

Ed

sp7eGZe.jpg

Thanks for your reply.

I have had some success using my old 19 inch monitor.

By tinkering about I have got this monitor to display Fsnavigator and my current plan (I am an Fs9 user by the way)and my main display the aircraft in flight , Iam happy with this ,and get to give an old monitor a second lease of life.

Cheers Andy

It will work.. Open FSNav & select the little acorn in the tool bar up top, & drag it across to the second screen.

Okay!

At the moment what I do is open Fsnavigator select the option to undock it ,and it immediately jumps over to the older 19inch monitor.

I will try your option as well.

Andy

PS after all this Iam now tempted to buy a 27inch monitor ,use my 24inch as number two ,and put the nineteen inch back into retirement.

Archived