Jetways for Project Airbus A321 and how to get jetways to come to any aircraft

jay_1327

I've seen many ask, so here are the jetway codes for the Project Airbus A321-211. I'm not sure if it works with the default A321 but I'm sure it's close if it's not bang on, so you can get it there by tweaking it. To make it work for the PA A321-211, just open your aircraft.cfg file and replace "[exits]" with the following:

[exits]

number_of_exits = 3

exit.0 = 0.4, 51.70, -5.5, 6.0, 0

exit.1 = 0.4, -23.50, 10.85, 0.0, 1

exit.2 = 0.4, 29.90, 6.0, 1.0, 2

I see a lot of confusion out there about jetway codes and see a ton of people asking for them for certain aircraft that don't come with them by default. Everyone knows that you need to hit ctrl+J in order to get the jetway to move when correctly parked, but what if you push the required keys and the jetway stubbornly doesn't move? This is the question I keep seeing going unanswered. It usually means your aircraft is not set up for jetways. It's actually pretty easy to set this up for any airplane you want that doesn't come with exit locations by default. All you have to do is tweak the coordinates of the exit doors in your aircraft.cfg file using Notepad. Let's use the example above. Specifically, the "exit.0" string. Those numbers that follow are the coordinates of your door.

Here's the way I understand it, and if anyone knows more about the subject, feel free to correct me. In this example, 51.70 is the distance (I think of them as meters, and it looks close when you tweak it) the main exit is forward of the rear wheels of the airplane. So if you change this number to let's say, 55.70, it would move the jetway 5 meters FORWARD on the aircraft. If you changed it to 50.70, it would move the jetway 1 meter BACK on the aircraft. The next number in this example, -5.5, dictates how far from, and which side of center the jetway attaches to. Imagine 0 being the exact center of the aircraft, -5 being five meters to the left of the centerline, and 5 being five meters to the right of the centerline. The final number needed to be tweaked in order to line up to your aircraft door is the height above the ground. In the above example, this number is 6.0. Adjust this number to raise and lower the jetway. I've tried playing around with the other numbers to maybe change the angle in which the jetway meets the plane, but haven't had anything positive really happen. If anyone else has any input on that, that would be great.

I hope that answeres some questions and hopfully you googled how to do this and found this thread!

Archived