Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Article: Review: Accu-Sim V35B Beechcraft Bonanza

Blog Entries

Default Article: Review: Accu-Sim V35B Beechcraft Bonanza

It's pretty awesome.

There is a bungee system in the real aircraft, replicated in this model, that interlinks the ailerons and rudder so that standard aileron-only turns are already coordinated and don't require rudder input to correct for adverse yaw. If you move the rudder on the ground you'll see the ailerons move with it, and vice versa.

Otherwise, I heartily agree with everything you've said. Amazing plane, worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by ianhr View Post
    There is a bungee system in the real aircraft, replicated in this model, that interlinks the ailerons and rudder so that standard aileron-only turns are already coordinated and don't require rudder input to correct for adverse yaw. If you move the rudder on the ground you'll see the ailerons move with it, and vice versa.

Otherwise, I heartily agree with everything you've said. Amazing plane, worth every penny.
    Hi,
    Ok that makes sense and do explain the ‘missing’ result of the secondary effect using the ailerons.
    I did not know that - thanks for the input 👍
    /Ray

Great review Ray; really informative, and thanks for taking the time to write this all up.

Dominic

6. Default

Nope. $50 to $100. Way overpriced. I'm sure it's a great model but these developers are way off if they think this is worth $50 let alone 100 bucks. They just continue to price most people like me out of the market. Where's the value anymore. As I've said before, make it a fair and reasonable price because "price sells".

Quote Originally Posted by lear45xr View Post
    Nope. $50 to $100. Way overpriced. I'm sure it's a great model but these developers are way off if they think this is worth $50 let alone 100 bucks. They just continue to price most people like me out of the market. Where's the value anymore. As I've said before, make it a fair and reasonable price because "price sells".
    Absolutely. And I wish car companies like Aston Martin, Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW, Rolls, Bentley, et al. would get the message too. They'd sell so many more cars.

Most of my A2A aircraft have well over 200 hours on them, some over 1,000. That's a pretty good hourly rate for an experience that's darned near as immersive as the real thing. You get what you pay for.

At the end of the day, nobody is forcing you to buy this aircraft (there are plenty of cheaper alternatives, even freeware), but if you head on over to the A2A forums, you'll find that they are pretty healthy in terms of numbers, so I'm guessing they're doing something right :-)

The comment above is spot on in my opinion. You get what you pay for, and like him, the majority of my A2A aircraft have hundreds of hours on them.

Fantastic team which produces incredible aircraft!

I wrote a review on it for a German flightsim magazine. Thanks for describing the difficult handling on takeoff. I still wonder if this is realistic because it would have terribliy frightened any pilot. Otherwise a most excellent airplane. Yes, the bungee system is described in the 112 page manual. It's excellent but I only finished it all because I needed a good read on a holiday.

First, thanks to Ray Andersen for the review.

I doubt that a retired man like me will make a dent, however I've definitely made my mind up. Because of the amount of junk-ware residing on my computer, no longer will I support FSX/P3D developers, and these prices, without consumer protection in place.

Consumer refund protection.

Endit

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast