X52 Pro "dropping" profile

My X52 Pro has started dropping profiles while I am using it in FSX-SE. It's very annoying! In a short two hour flight I had to clear and reload the profile multiple times. No particular pattern of events that precedes losing the profile and the time interval between loading and dropping is random. My setup is Windows 7/64, 8GB RAM, minimum 500 GB SSD drives. I use SPAD.neXt for my flight panels, but do not use it at all for the X52 Pro. I am also using Radar Contact v4.3, Little NavMap, UTLive, and FSX WX.

When it happens, the profile I loaded still appears to be there but it is not "active", i.e. none of the buttons respond as expected. They respond, just not with the programmed keys.

I have the latest drivers and programming software installed.

I posted this message on the Logitech community forum, but have had no responses to date.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Ken in Kansas

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

OK, solved it. Turns out that the Clutch button had somehow been activated, so each time I used the Pinkie switch (which apparently was the Clutch button) my profile was temporarily disabled. If I pressed the Pinkie switch again, the profile was again enabled.

I have deactivated the Clutch button entirely using the by right clicking the game controller in the Devices and Printers control panel, then selecting Game Controller Settings followed by Properties and finally (on the MFD tab) unchecking all boxes for Clutch Settings.

Ken in Kansas

Rusty Gunz - been simming since the Apple II+ and Sublogic

"Any landing you can walk away from is a good one"

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming : i7-9700K auto OC : 32GB RAM : Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070S 8GB

CoolerMaster 750W PS : Fractal Design Focus G case-6 fans : 5 SSD's (3-1TB, 2-500GB) : Saitek X52 Pro controllers

Vizio 40" 4K HDR monitor : Windows 11 Home 64 bit

Archived