Latin VFR : Tobago TTCP HELP!

Flyguy1998

Hello simmers! Ive been using flight sim for around 10 years now and although i am confident at flying i am not so good when things go wrong with files etc! Im very into the caribbean and decided to download a freeware Tobago scenery. I decided shortly after that i would buy the latin vfr add-on scenery. After loading up the sceney i found tobago to be completley corrupted, no terminal bulidings, runways on diffrent levels etc. I decided to remove the freeware scenery by deleting the files directly out of my documents as i thought it may be the cause but after loading the sim back up it was still the same. I have also got an error messeage coming up when i open the sim - “SCENERY.CFG file error. Invalid remote scenery path in scenery area.138. Click ok to continue”

I have taken some pictures but not sure how to upload them?

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks

You have to disable a scenery folder from the Library before you delete it, move it, or otherwise alter it's name or location.

What happened was that you deleted your freeware Tobago scenery, without having removed it from your Scenery Library. Put it back where it was, open your Scenery Library in the sim, delete the Tobago area from your Library's listing, close the sim, THEN delete it, or whatever you want to do with it.

As far as the sim is concerned, the Tobago folder/files aren't where you told it it was. That's why you're getting the Scenery.CFG error.

There are also softwares in the library here at Flightsim that will allow you to repair your Scenery.CFG file. Things like SceneryConfigEditor v. 1.1.7, which is freeware, and is a very powerful scenery manipulation tool. It can do a LOT of things with the sim's Scenery Library, Scenery.CFG file, and so on.

It may even be able repair the Scenery.CFG error you are experiencing. I don't use it all that much. But it's got a lot of very powerful capabilities.

Hope this helps a little...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

You'll have to find the download you installed the freeware Tobago from, and re-install it, essentially. Usually a Zip file of some kind.

Just make sure you put it back exactly where it was when you added it to your Scenery Library. Like if you installed it to ...\FSX\Addon Scenery , and then added to your Scenery Library, then put it back. Then open you Sim, Settings over on the left, Scenery Library>Delete Area menu slection. Highlight it, and hit enter, the click OK until you get back to the main Settings page. THEN delete the Tobago files and folder from where ever you had placed it.

You got everything looking OK you said. Does that mean that the Scenery.cfg error is gone? Or just that the scenery looks correct, but you still get the Scenery.CFG error? In the first case, no more Scenery.cfg error, you're done, except for the hovering thing. In the second case, you need to what il88pp and myself described to get rid of the Scenery.cfg error.

The hovering problem is a whole nother kettle of fish, though. I won't start worrying about it until we know what's going on with the rest of things that were going on...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

hi all, I am looking for help! I am new to the world of flight simmers and i'm throwing up the white flag.

I have installed the fsx steam edition from steam onto my pc, as well as an extra plane and orbx (add ons also purchased from steam), none of the add ons will work and I don't know wjhat im doing wrong, my pc is good enough for the game to be tweaked I5 4490 with an upgraded psu and a gtx1070 graphics card. the gtx has direct x 11, I have installed directx 10 but that's all I have done with directx 10. does anyone have any ideas how to fix my ass on issues? thanks guys kind regards john

Hello, John, and welcome to the world of flight simming. :)

You really should start a new thread for you situation and problems. BUT: What exactly do you mean by "None of the addons will work" ?

Do the regular, default planes work? IE: Do they show up in the Aircraft Select Screen? Can you fly them normally? Do all their textures show up properly?

Just exactly WHICH addon plane do you have?

Does it show up in the Aircraft Select screen? Do all it's textures show up?

Did you install it into the folder titled DSL, not Simobjects\Aircraft?

Are you getting any error messages? If you are, what are they?

and a gtx1070 graphics card.

Do you have the latest driver installed for the GFX card? If you do, have you tried rolling it back to the one it had before?

the gtx has direct x 11, I have installed directx 10 but that's all I have done with directx 10.

Do you have DirectX 9c installed properly? Do you have the DirectX 10 Preview box checked in your sim's settings? If you do, uncheck it, and see what happens.

Have you tried running the Steam File Verification function?

Now, I'm out of ideas, and all this thinking is giving me a headache. Thinking does that. But I think this will at least get the troubleshooting process underway.

But really, make your own thread on your troubles. You'll get more, and more usefull answers...

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived