FSX no static traffic

kernow43

I have fsx installed, no problems until I installed various software,includingn GSX,Captain Sim, Orbx scenery, now I have zero aircraft static at airports. I reinstalled FSX and all addons came back. My FSX is Steam edition. Having all custom scenery set right. Please help if you can.TIA.

I have fsx installed, no problems until I installed various software,includingn GSX,Captain Sim, Orbx scenery, now I have zero aircraft static at airports. I reinstalled FSX and all addons came back. My FSX is Steam edition. Having all custom scenery set right. Please help if you can.TIA.

Do you have AI airplanes flying or nothing at all?

Did you do anything in your Scenery/World/Scenery folder at all? Add anything, change or remove anything. That is where your AI File is housed. You should see a file in there called TrafficAircaft.bgl I also have another file called ai-traffic.bgl You may or may not have that folder. Check & get back.

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Can you be more specific about what you have installed...…..

Also you state 'static' aircraft - do you have any flying AI.

I suspect that you problem is related to a AI traffic file, probably in FS2004 format, that has been installed with something that you have added. A single FS2004 formatted traffic file will kill all FSX AI traffic.

You will need to check the contents of the items that you have installed - especially any airport scenery as they may have included a traffic file as part of the package. The location of the file could be in any scenery folder that you have added OR in the standard FSX default location of Scenery\World\Scenery...….

You can use FS2004 format traffic files in FSX but they must be converted into FSX format using AIFP.

Regards

Brian

In case this is really about StatiC 'traffic'.

Static aircraft are will never move. They are part of the airport scenery. They are fixed objects.

Often the static aircraft only show up when you set "level of scenery detail" to a high setting in fsx settings menu.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Prostock. Ai-traffic.bgl is NOT a default file. Please stop telling everyone that it is.

First off - il88pp I do appreciate your help with my many issues, you are a world of FSX knowledge. I don't appreciate you telling me what to do especially calling me out publicly. If you find I am giving false information, please have the common courtesy to do it via PM Please as I would extend to you.

I didn't say the ai-traffic.bgl file is Default.

What I said was "I also have another file called ai-traffic.bgl You may or may not have that folder."

Which if the OP responded, I would have inquired further.

Just for the record, I was trying to help. Remember, we all started somewhere, and that includes you. I'm sure we're all here to keep FSX alive, just trying to be helpful.

Thank you

Archived