My screen view has gone microscopic (exageration) and I can't get it back to normal

paulrunge

1. I ended up toggling Full Screen View (never a great idea) but finally got back to normal screen.

2. Now top line Menu bar is fine, but FSX menu bar is launching with really small print and load screen has also shrunk by ~50% with tiny font also.Flights Aircraft World etc line below is very tiny now, but Line #1 is normal.

I know it's operator error, so can someone please coach me back to normal size menus. FSX itself looks normal.

Thanks!

FSXS Capture.JPG

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.6 GHz 8GB

nVidia GTX 1070 8GB Ram

Ram 20 DDR-3-1600MHz

WIN 10 Pro(64bit)

HP Envy 27" HD 4K

P3D v4.5.14.34698

Multiple ORBX Scenery

Hey there Paul,

Have you by chance enabled Nvidia DSR (Dynamic Super Resolution) for your desktop by mistake.

The loading bar dialog picture looks very much like DSR is enabled and in use for FSX, it should not be enabled for your OS desktop.

DSR will make dialogs & menus and such appear much smaller than when viewed as Native Resolution, but DSR will improve the overall sharpness of your sim graphics, however making FSX menus and popups slightly harder to read (smaller font) if you have vision issues this can present a challenge if DSR is set to higher resolutions than 2.25x you will need to find a resolution which suits your requirements and FSX performance balance.

It is best (Recommended) to have your OS desktop and Sim set to your monitors native resolution, then if you want to use DSR only enable it for the sim.

Alt+Enter should successfully alternate between DSR mode Fullscreen and native 1920x1080 Windowed mode.

For my setup I use a native 1920x1080x32 Desktop & FSX - DSR 2.25x smoothing 33%, Nvidia Cpl DSR is enabled for use in FSX but Nvidia Cpl Screen Resolution is set to native monitor resolution.

Hope this solves your problem

Cheers Jethro

Thanks for the great input guys!

I have FSXS. nVidia 1070, and OS synched at 3840 x 2160. Flight itself works perfectly except for the "red" in game texts/messages that show up for warnings ("Crash!"),etc, and the menu bar which is almost unreadable. I set DSR to 2.00/33% but it had no visible effect on the issue at hand.

nVidia GTX 1070 8GB Ram

Ram 20 DDR-3-1600MHz

WIN 10 Pro(64bit)

HP Envy 27" HD 4K

P3D v4.5.14.34698

Multiple ORBX Scenery

Hi Paul,

I see that you list a HP Envy 27" touchscreen as your monitor, I've just looked up the online usermanual for this monitor, it appears that its native resolution is 1920x1080x32/60Hz Widescreen, with wide screen support for lower resolutions.

3840x2160 is an unusual and high resolution. It is certainly wide but it is also a tall resolution. Can you describe your monitor configuration please.

Preset/available resolutions set by your monitor are different to those available through your graphics adapter GTX1070 often much higher but you will always be able to select the Native Resolution 1920x1080, not the unusually wide/tall resolution 3840x2160 which is twice the height and twice the width of your monitors native resolution.

Try setting the Desktop to your monitors native resolution and then in FSX Settings > Graphics - Fullscreen resolution to the same resolution, then Alt+Enter between windowed and fullscreen modes in FSX, the screen image resolution should be the same albeit for the window border and menu banner in windowed mode, also the lack of AA in windowed mode. You should also have the WideViewAspect=True set in FSX.cfg when using a widescreen monitor. There should be no miniaturisation of menus labels dialogs and fonts when these resolutions are set to Native. Only then should you experiment with higher fullscreen resolutions within the sim either DSR (Dynamic SuperResolution) or (Ultra res) available in the FSX >settings> Graphics fullscreen res drop menu, to a level that is perfect for graphics/performance/balance and your best readable size for menu dialog and red text labels. You can choose not to use DSR at all (setting ((OFF) disabled in Nvidia cpl)) but use the higher Ultra resolutions within FSX for fullscreen that are compatible with your monitor and 1070 graphics card, but again Native resolutions present the least issues when matching the sim output to your monitor.

Wow. Thanks!

I chose to use Ultra High res and dumped DSR. Made all the settings as you suggested. 100% perfect now. Don't know how I would have been able to figure all this out on my own...??

Thanks so much for taking the time to sort this out with me. I swear I will never touch display settings again!! (...until the next time....:rolleyes:

nVidia GTX 1070 8GB Ram

Ram 20 DDR-3-1600MHz

WIN 10 Pro(64bit)

HP Envy 27" HD 4K

P3D v4.5.14.34698

Multiple ORBX Scenery

quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jethrom viewpost-right.png

You should also have the WideViewAspect=True set in FSX.cfg when using a widescreen monitor

:rolleyes:

enough of the sarcasm Mark, second time you've chipped me, "wth" rolleyes.

WideViewAspect=True is a perfectly legit setting for single widescreen monitors.

no debate.

Thanks so much for taking the time to sort this out with me. I swear I will never touch display settings again!! (...until the next time....:rolleyes:

Gee, I swear a lot too! It's a former Marine thing. I think most Enlisted swear a lot. Of course, a really good SGTMAJ can chew you out, never raising his voice, and never swearing once, and when he's done, you feel so small you could walk out under his door... :p

Officers seem to loose the ability as they gain rank.

Have fun, all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Marines never swear, Pat! Us swab-jockeys sure as hell did!;) I have WideViewAspect=True in my FSX.cfg for my single monitor. Wouldn't fly it any other way!

Very true, they could, but watch a Marine miss his target. You'll hear swearing. Same if he stubs his toe. Trust me, I know. When I got in my last motorcycle accident, it shattered my arm pretty badly. The little old lady that hit me said she'd been married to a trucker for 45 years, and had never heard some of the words I used about her. In fact, that was her only defence when I took her to court. That I sweared at her too much, so she shouldn't have to pay me anything. You figure it out. Me, and the Former Marine Judge that got the case, couldn't.

I was swearing in English, American, Spanish, Tagalog, any thing I could use, I did. I was PO'ed, and hurting bad. The cop holding my helmet down to keep me immobilized told her to go away, or he'd let me up. She was just SO offended...

Oh, just so y'all know, I use the WideViewAspect=true on my single monitor too. It makes the display so much more...correct?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived