Thread: Maiden Captain Sims C-130 Flight

Wink Maiden Captain Sims C-130 Flight

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a nice Lockheed C-130E flight from PAFA Fairbanks International Airport located three miles southwest of the central business district of Fairbanks, Alaska to CYDA Dawson City Airport located 8 nautical miles east of Dawson City, Yukon, Canada.

CYDA Dawson City airport is TOTALLY impossible to land UNLESS all of you tell me that Microsoft built that airport in wrong way for FSX.

Airborne on climb to FL190 after my first Captain Sims C-130 take off from PAFA runway 02L for my first payware C-130 flight

Still climbing

Now cruising at FL190

Beautiful three color tone winter sky

Here is my new office!! (yeah four red lights in overhead panel is making me nervous)

On final runway approach to runway 03 for SECOND attempt to land on that airport which turns out to be totally impossible to land on EITHER side of runway!!

Yeah little dive is required to make successful landing on that extremely difficult airport

Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 10 screenshots, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink as seen below to view rest of the flight.

Here is the link: http://calclassic.proboards.com/thre...ims-130-flight

Thank you for viewing. Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

Hey! Fine plane, flight, fine all
    And we have a series now on a French TV chanel about the Tanana village in Alaskha along the Yukon!
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

This is the real airport, paved runway and it used to be an air tanker base. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkopJ7EJqJE

In default FSX the field is built in by mountain rigs, in real life the runway is more or less parallel to the mountain rigs.

Great pics nevertheless Aharon!

Great cargo set!
    Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ power supply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10 Pro x64

Flightsimg, Peer01, and Pugillist2,

Thanks for your kind words!!

Regards,

Aharon

Peer01,

The trouble with FSX defaut CYDA airport scenery and difficulty to land there is that Microsoft designed wrong high hills or mountains on both ends of runway!! You cannot approach both ends of single runway without hitting high hills or mountains due to Microsoft's wrong design of the surrounding areas of the CYDA scenery placing TOO high mountains or hills in front of both ends of runway.

Why CYDA is totally impossible for me to land can be seen on those 2 videos (look for TOO HIGH HILLS on both ends of single runway meaning if I want to land, I have to fly over TOO high hillls and then DIVE steep and then land.

Look at this DC-6 taking right turn after take off to avoid too high hills but that does not help me as I need to land!!

Regards,

Aharon

Peer01,

Here is another video showing plane doing extremely deep climb to avoid mountains so you can imagine requirement of DEEP DIVE to get to runway

Very nice camera angles. Very nice shots.
    FSX Gold - Acceleration. HP Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU. W3503 @ 2.40GHz 2.39 GHz, 8.00GB RAM, 64-bit. Windows 7 Professional

David,

Thanks for your kind words.

Regards,

Aharon