Maiden Captain Sims C-130 Flight

aharon

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a nice Lockheed C-130E flight from PAFA Fairbanks International Airport located three miles southwest of the central business district of Fairbanks, Alaska to CYDA Dawson City Airport located 8 nautical miles east of Dawson City, Yukon, Canada.

CYDA Dawson City airport is TOTALLY impossible to land UNLESS all of you tell me that Microsoft built that airport in wrong way for FSX.

Airborne on climb to FL190 after my first Captain Sims C-130 take off from PAFA runway 02L for my first payware C-130 flight

da2.jpg

Still climbing

da3.jpg

Now cruising at FL190

da4.jpg

Beautiful three color tone winter sky

da5.jpg

da6.jpg

Here is my new office!! (yeah four red lights in overhead panel is making me nervous)

da7.jpg

da8.jpg

On final runway approach to runway 03 for SECOND attempt to land on that airport which turns out to be totally impossible to land on EITHER side of runway!!

da10.jpg

Yeah little dive is required to make successful landing on that extremely difficult airport

da11.jpg

da12.jpg

Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 10 screenshots, please be kind enough to go to this hyperlink as seen below to view rest of the flight.

Here is the link: http://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/9293/maiden-captain-sims-130-flight

Thank you for viewing. Stay tuned for next exciting flight.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Hey! Fine plane, flight, fine all

And we have a series now on a French TV chanel about the Tanana village in Alaskha along the Yukon! :cool:

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

This is the real airport, paved runway and it used to be an air tanker base.

In default FSX the field is built in by mountain rigs, in real life the runway is more or less parallel to the mountain rigs.

Great pics nevertheless Aharon! :cool::cool::pilot:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great cargo set!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Peer01,

The trouble with FSX defaut CYDA airport scenery and difficulty to land there is that Microsoft designed wrong high hills or mountains on both ends of runway!! You cannot approach both ends of single runway without hitting high hills or mountains due to Microsoft's wrong design of the surrounding areas of the CYDA scenery placing TOO high mountains or hills in front of both ends of runway.

Why CYDA is totally impossible for me to land can be seen on those 2 videos (look for TOO HIGH HILLS on both ends of single runway meaning if I want to land, I have to fly over TOO high hillls and then DIVE steep and then land.

Look at this DC-6 taking right turn after take off to avoid too high hills but that does not help me as I need to land!!

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Very nice camera angles. Very nice shots.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived