Menu Bar Problem

rorymc1

Been having this issue for about 2-3 months now...

After 2 landings (in any aircraft, at any airport, at any time of year) the top Menu Bar (where you can choose aircraft, airport, simulation speed, etc..) disappears. It seems to happen while landing at the 2nd airport in the flight -or- immediately after taxiing on what would be the 3rd departure in the flight. The sim will continue to work until I click on the MAP (not GPS) in which case it will cause the sim to crash. When I look at the error reports, I see FSUI.dll and ATC.dll are typically the modules that fail. I have re-stored them and even installed new copies right from the CD-ROM, but the issue continues. I have learned to live with it, just was wondering what is happening while landing for the 2nd leg of any flight that would cause this.

I have looked at this error online but nothing seems to fix it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

If you updated to FS9.1 and then replaced modules from the CD, you'll have installed FS9 modules into FS9.1 and they'll be incompatible. If you haven't updated to FS9.1 yet, now's the time to do so.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

My fault-finding page may be of use, there are references to atc.dll problems there. I haven't come across fsui.dll issues ever before, that sounds pretty fundamental - I assume fsui stands for Flight Simulator User Interface.

I doubt that the dlls themselves are at fault, the failure report usually indiates that they have been unable to fulfill their work through a problem with some other file they are dealing with.

See http://www.adventure-unlimited.org/faultfinding.php

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Archived