Importing control settings

CRJ_simpilot

So I used a second HDD to install Win 7 and FSX to for testing. I backed up my Standard.XML from my current FSX install from the path C:\Users\Aaron\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls I placed the Standard.XML back into this path in my new test FSX on the new HDD. Yet despite that my button assignments are not the same.

What gives? What else do I have to do here? Doesn't make any sense other than registry key/s.

that does seem strange; I've copied my standard.xml across multiple new builds without a hitch. You could try this: after backing up your default/backup standard.xml in the install folder, copy your newer version to that location. In-game, select "restore default settings" for the controls settings which should read that 'default' location and pull your new stuff into the active copy. I keep my 'default version' updated that way; I don't recall needing to 'restore' so I don't guarantee it'll work, but it should...

fingers crossed,

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

I'll try that, but have a felling it won't work.

I looked in the FSX.cfg file and there is a mention of standard under [controls]. In fact, it shows up twice in my current install. Here's what it says:

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Default=Standard

Controls_Current=Standard

So with that I'll have a look at the FSX.cfg on the other HDD and see what it says.

The entries below indicating that the .xml file in the FSX main route is identical with the file in your

....FSX\control folder.

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Current=Standard

If you want to have a different settings from the standard in your .xml file in the ...FSX\control folder ,

your entry in the fsx.cfg must look like this for example:

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Current=My_Settings

Whereby the name "My_Setting" is now the name of the modified .xml file in your ....FSX\control folder.

I think that's you want to see ?

Dietmar

Archived