Tim,
    Thanks for those tips!
    Mark Daniels

Quote Originally Posted by Markg55 View Post

Thanks mate.

3. Default

Hello all
    I am thinking of giving RC a go.
    Just a couple of points . For many years now I have not used the default ATC . I simply use FsNav to create a Flight plan and go my own way no ATC required. If I install RC and decide it's not for me will my sim be returned to its original state pre RC installation?
    I have enjoyed many years of trouble free flight with Fs9 and would rather give RC a miss if it's installation and or uninstillation might cause problems with my very reliable and stable Fs9 setup.

Thanks Andrew

Radar Contact is a separate program, like Active Sky for example, and connects to FS9 via FSUIPC. Radar Contact doesn't change any FS9 files.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tiger1962 View Post
    Radar Contact is a separate program, like Active Sky for example, and connects to FS9 via FSUIPC. Radar Contact doesn't change any FS9 files.
    Thanks for the info Tim.
    I may well give it try.

Andy

Lightbulb How to Disable FS2004 Default ATC for RCv4.3 Use

Quote Originally Posted by HoratioWondersocks View Post
    Hello all
    I am thinking of giving RC a go.
    Just a couple of points . For many years now I have not used the default ATC . I simply use FsNav to create a Flight plan and go my own way no ATC required. If I install RC and decide it's not for me will my sim be returned to its original state pre RC installation?
    I have enjoyed many years of trouble free flight with Fs9 and would rather give RC a miss if it's installation and or uninstillation might cause problems with my very reliable and stable Fs9 setup.

Thanks Andrew
    Just a quick tip. If you decide to fly with RCv4.3 then I recommend yuo do as I did to turn off the default ATC pop up and sound.

First in the menu bar

OPTIONS.SETTINGS>ATC

Uncheck mark everything click on OK

Second: In the menu bar.

OPTIONS>SETTINGS>SOUND>

UNCHECK AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL press OK

Finally, Save the flight as default.

then you should only see and hear Radar Contact v4.3 text window. It's sounds come from itself outside the simulator. Should be no more annoyances.

Quote Originally Posted by me1900 View Post
    Just a quick tip. If you decide to fly with RCv4.3 then I recommend yuo do as I did to turn off the default ATC pop up and sound.
    Thanks, I was just wondering how to go about doing that!

8. Default

Do you have to have a registered version of FSUIPC in order for RC4 to work with FS2004? (Runtime errors)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by me1900 View Post

First in the menu bar

OPTIONS.SETTINGS>ATC

Uncheck mark everything click on OK

Second: In the menu bar.

OPTIONS>SETTINGS>SOUND>

UNCHECK AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL press OK

Finally, Save the flight as default.

then you should only see and hear Radar Contact v4.3 text window. It's sounds come from itself outside the simulator. Should be no more annoyances.
    Thanks for the tip.
    For the time being i may just monitor the posts here concerning RC before downloading and trying it myself ,just to see how people rate it , its pros and cons ,ease of use etc

Cheers Andrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2