Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: fsx error/crash, graphics card does not meet minimum requirements shader error.

Dear Jurgen and Mallcott.

Those 2 displays you see in .cfg fiel are the results of 1st. disabling the NVidea Card and running FSX and 2nd., enabling the card and running the game again.

I did erase (or delete) any [DISPLAY.Device… thing in .cfg file for FSX to regenerate it again, but with only the:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDEA GeForce GTX1070.0]
    Mode=1920x1080x32
    Anisotropic=1

..statements in the .cfg file it doesn't work either.

I will delete the Shaders folders content but I am not sure I have the ShadersHLSL folder;

I think the temporary shader folders are located at:
    C:\Users\myusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders...

Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by jurodj View Post
    I did erase (or delete) any [DISPLAY.Device… thing in .cfg file for FSX to regenerate it again, but with only the:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDEA GeForce GTX1070.0]
    Mode=1920x1080x32
    Anisotropic=1

..statements in the .cfg file it doesn't work either.

Your [DISPLAY] entry has a spelling mistake in it - NVIDEA should be NVIDIA, mine looks like this:

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti.0.0]
    Mode=1920x1080x32
    AntiAlias=1
    TriLinear=1

Notice that there is also a space between GTX and 1050.
    Your entire [DISPLAY] line is corrupt, that's why it doesn't work.
    Delete your FSX.cfg [DISPLAY] section, NOT your Shaders folder, and reboot FSX.
    Your [DISPLAY] section will be re-created correctly when FSX launches and you'll be back to normal.
    Last edited by tiger1962; 01-10-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Thank You Tiguer1692. Thank You for your correction.
    You were right but the remove of the display section does not solve the problem.
    The remove of the entire .cfg file does not solve the problem.
    I went to NVIDIA support and spent 2 hours, tweak the computer graphics heavily blue screens errors and all and we couldn't solve this.

I keep thinking it was the connection of the Apple monitor which I think changed something but...

Anyway any other help you can tell me will be well appreciated. thank you all

Also I have noticed that if I delete the fsx,cfg file and run the program despite of the error the new cfg file does not have the [DISPLAY] section for the card.

It is as fsx don't detect the NVIDIA card at all, I say...

6. Default

It sounds like you might have figured out your problem, in that the Apple monitor is not compatible with the windows drivers.

If you do not have another monitor available, you can try connecting your laptop to your flatscreen TV. They usually have a PC mode somewhere in the menu.

Hope this helps....

Quote Originally Posted by jurodj View Post
    Hey Guys!

I have been using fsx for about 2 years with my laptop without problems until a few days ago that I connected an external old apple thunderbolt display. All worked fine.

I have an Up-to-date i7 ASUS Laptop with GTX-1070 Card 16GB Ram

I Hovered the web trying to find a solution wiothout success. Can anyone help me or know about what it is happening or fix this?
    How exactly is the monitor connected to the laptop? Does the laptop support Thunderbolt? Thunderbolt monitors are not the same as Dsiplayport, even though the connector might be the same.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...itor-with-a-pc

I agree with OleGreyGhost and Loki, that the Apple monitor probably isn't compatible.
    Knowing Apple, it probably set itself as your default display when Windows automatically installed the drivers for it.
    Try disconnecting the Apple monitor, and then:

Uninstall any and all Apple drivers listed in Control Panel/Uninstall a program

Go to Control Panel/Device Manager and check that the Apple monitor isn't listed in the Monitors or Display Adapters

Right-click on your laptop screen background and select Screen resolution to check that your laptop monitor is screen number 1

Run CCleaner and clean your registry

Restart your laptop and try running FSX again.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

Thank You again for your help.

I used only twice the 27" apple thunderbolt monitor. Was not great but it worked.
    Then suddenly the errors began.
    Now I have no traces of an apple driver or monitor.
    I tried to tweak the Program settings for the NVIDEA Card but didn't work.

And the laptop monitor is the only one present.

This error will be hard to beat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2