Pretty New Year Day Flight

aharon

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a darn pretty New Year Day flight from PAUN Unalakleet Airport located one nautical mile north of the central business district of Unalakleet, Alaska to PAOM Nome Airport located two nautical miles west of the central business district of Nome, Alaska.

Boarding the plane in sub zero freezing weather on New Year Day

at2.jpg

at3.jpg

Sitting in captain seat doing pre-flight check list while cockpit window shows the view of truck belonging to Jim Tweto that a new rookie Era airline pilot accidentallly broke the driver door by opening it in powerful winds that damaged the door

at1.jpg

You can see Jim Tweto's private GA planes!!

at4.jpg

Taxiing to short of runway 32

at5.jpg

Holding short of runway 32 doing final checklist and making sure there are no polar bears on runway. You can see green Era airline terminal building and the famous car with damaged driver door

at6.jpg

Backtracking on runway 32 for take off

at7.jpg

Airborne on climb to 10,000 ft with background view of shore of Unalakleet

at8.jpg

Beautiful winter sun view with same background view of same shore and waters of Norton Sound

at9.jpg

at10.jpg

Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 10 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to click on this hyperlink below to continue viewing rest of exciting flight:

http://calclassic.proboards.com/thread/9285/pretty-new-year-day-flight

Thank you for viewing and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU. Stay tuned for next flight!

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

AdamB,

Thanks for your kind words. Since you are foremost expert in Orbx, is it possible to have Orbx airport sceneries WITHOUT base packages?

Also, how do I add sceneries or base packages from ORBX to FSX? I realize Orbx has DIFFERENT methods than all other payware add on airports and ground textures.

I am interested in this Orbx scenery as seen below. How do I proceed? Is there easy step by step instructions for anyone like me who has never used Orbx scenery before

AU Tasmania Demo $0.00 AUD Experience a stunning free demo of the entire island of Tasmania to explore. No limits, no gimmicks.

along with freeware Horbart airport scenery.

CQwL8Nm.png

Pretty sure you need Global Base or region for all scensey. I will tell you at the bottom of each scenery what you need.

Adding scenery is easy with FTX Centra V3. After purchase it will download and install, really nothing else to do.

You need to register at Orbx first of all, purchase the scenery and open FTX Central and install to either FSX or P3D, your choice.

Here are a few links that will help.

By the way ther are some free demo regions you can download and try as well.

https://orbxdirect.com/

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/123619-orbxdirect-and-ftx-central-v3-offical-faq/

Have a problem just ask.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AdamB,

Yeah it sounds complicated Where does NON-Orbx airport scenery be placed in scenery list along with the same base package that the NON-Orbx airport is in? For eg, I want to download freeware demo Tasmaria ground base package and I want to install NON-Orbx Hobart airport scenery. So does the airport scenery be on top of Orbx Tasmaria ground base package or below that?

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 10 screenshots per post

The max is 12 indeed. If more pics needed, the users there usually themselves post a answer to their first post, adding 12 more :):):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

AdamB,

Yeah it sounds complicated Where does NON-Orbx airport scenery be placed in scenery list along with the same base package that the NON-Orbx airport is in? For eg, I want to download freeware demo Tasmaria ground base package and I want to install NON-Orbx Hobart airport scenery. So does the airport scenery be on top of Orbx Tasmaria ground base package or below that?

Regards,

Aharon

Not complicated at all Aharon.

Make an account at Orbx

Download FTX Central V3

Purchase whatever scenery you want.

Open Central V3 and your scenery will be there. just click on the scenery and push the install button. After install is complete you will see a control panel button, push it and select whatever items you want for that scenery, that's it.

As for non-Orbx scenery, just make sure it's above the Orbx stuff. Have fun. :D

Be sure to download the free regional scenery and airports.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very nice set. Thanks!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Followed your link and viewed the full photo story of your flight. So nice. Thanks for sharing and best wishes for the new year, Aharon.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived