Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pretty New Year Day Flight

Wink Pretty New Year Day Flight

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Presenting a darn pretty New Year Day flight from PAUN Unalakleet Airport located one nautical mile north of the central business district of Unalakleet, Alaska to PAOM Nome Airport located two nautical miles west of the central business district of Nome, Alaska.

Boarding the plane in sub zero freezing weather on New Year Day

Sitting in captain seat doing pre-flight check list while cockpit window shows the view of truck belonging to Jim Tweto that a new rookie Era airline pilot accidentallly broke the driver door by opening it in powerful winds that damaged the door

You can see Jim Tweto's private GA planes!!

Taxiing to short of runway 32

Holding short of runway 32 doing final checklist and making sure there are no polar bears on runway. You can see green Era airline terminal building and the famous car with damaged driver door

Backtracking on runway 32 for take off

Airborne on climb to 10,000 ft with background view of shore of Unalakleet

Beautiful winter sun view with same background view of same shore and waters of Norton Sound

Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 10 screenshots per post, please be kind enough to click on this hyperlink below to continue viewing rest of exciting flight:

http://calclassic.proboards.com/thre...ear-day-flight

Thank you for viewing and HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU. Stay tuned for next flight!

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon - Looks like a very COLD day in Alaska, for sure! Very nice pics, I especially like those sunrise/sunset pics!

Rick

Well done Aharon, cold, but great series! And of course: a fantastic 2019!

Downwind66 and Peer01,

Thanks for your kind words.

Regards,

Aharon

5. Default

Impressive looking set of shots Aharon, great job!

AdamB,

Thanks for your kind words. Since you are foremost expert in Orbx, is it possible to have Orbx airport sceneries WITHOUT base packages?

Also, how do I add sceneries or base packages from ORBX to FSX? I realize Orbx has DIFFERENT methods than all other payware add on airports and ground textures.

I am interested in this Orbx scenery as seen below. How do I proceed? Is there easy step by step instructions for anyone like me who has never used Orbx scenery before

AU Tasmania Demo $0.00 AUD Experience a stunning free demo of the entire island of Tasmania to explore. No limits, no gimmicks.

along with freeware Horbart airport scenery.

7. Default

Pretty sure you need Global Base or region for all scensey. I will tell you at the bottom of each scenery what you need.

Adding scenery is easy with FTX Centra V3. After purchase it will download and install, really nothing else to do.

You need to register at Orbx first of all, purchase the scenery and open FTX Central and install to either FSX or P3D, your choice.

Here are a few links that will help.

By the way ther are some free demo regions you can download and try as well.

https://orbxdirect.com/

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...3-offical-faq/

https://youtu.be/1YF6Ol3nK1I

Have a problem just ask.

AdamB,

Yeah it sounds complicated Where does NON-Orbx airport scenery be placed in scenery list along with the same base package that the NON-Orbx airport is in? For eg, I want to download freeware demo Tasmaria ground base package and I want to install NON-Orbx Hobart airport scenery. So does the airport scenery be on top of Orbx Tasmaria ground base package or below that?

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by aharon View Post
    Because of regulations of the forums not allowing more than 10 screenshots per post
    The max is 12 indeed. If more pics needed, the users there usually themselves post a answer to their first post, adding 12 more
    Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by aharon View Post
    AdamB,

Yeah it sounds complicated Where does NON-Orbx airport scenery be placed in scenery list along with the same base package that the NON-Orbx airport is in? For eg, I want to download freeware demo Tasmaria ground base package and I want to install NON-Orbx Hobart airport scenery. So does the airport scenery be on top of Orbx Tasmaria ground base package or below that?

Regards,

Aharon
    Not complicated at all Aharon.

Make an account at Orbx

Download FTX Central V3

Purchase whatever scenery you want.

Open Central V3 and your scenery will be there. just click on the scenery and push the install button. After install is complete you will see a control panel button, push it and select whatever items you want for that scenery, that's it.

As for non-Orbx scenery, just make sure it's above the Orbx stuff. Have fun.

Be sure to download the free regional scenery and airports.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast