Building Cockpit for Flightsim

franzair

Building a cockpit for flightsim is a fun exercise and one that requires a considerable amount of dedication. Generally a long term project. Having built a number of cockpits in the past, I am now in the process to research to build a fully metal cockpit that uses electric servo jacks for movements. Sadly I cannot send a photo of the current simulator as the file size is too big. Forum only allows 1600 x 1200

Building a cockpit for flightsim is a fun exercise and one that requires a considerable amount of dedication. Generally a long term project. Having built a number of cockpits in the past, I am now in the process to research to build a fully metal cockpit that uses electric servo jacks for movements. Sadly I cannot send a photo of the current simulator as the file size is too big. Forum only allows 1600 x 1200
Kudos. Having built my own modest cockpit i know the workload ahead of you.

A thoroughly enjoyable project to embark on though.

Looking forward to pics.

Cheers

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Use the image editor GIMP. (free).

Can easily reduce width and height. (each separately, or while keeping aspect ratio the same. Your choice.)

while saving (using: File--export as) you can reduce file size also.

Saving as .jpg will help and may be enough. (.jpg format is smaller file size then .bmp or .png)

also while saving (file--export as) you get a screen for saving options. You can select (and adjust ) file quality. With a slider.

Put a check mark in "show preview". Then when you adjust the quality slider you will see the new file size displayed. You can reduce the slider to quality 95%. Preview size still too big? Slide further to 92% and wait a second for size to be calculated again.

Smaller then 480 kb? Then it's small enough to upload.

Save as new filename so the original file stays at original quality.

Changing quality does not change the width or height. Only changes file size.

Paint is useful too, but is a very basic editor. Very useful sometimes, but it can't resize, change aspect ratio, or quality.

GIMP has loads of other great tools and options too. Enjoy! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived