No runway lights at night at default airports

OscarJ1337

You might try checking your FSX.CFG file. I wonder if an addon scenery may have added/changed certain lines in it.

Make a back-up of it before anything else. Then open it in NotePad, or NotePad++. Do this with FSX OFF.

Look through it for a heading [DISPLAY].

NOT the one that looks like this: [DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GT 610.0]

You want the one that only reads [DISPLAY]

Under that heading, do you have lines that look something like this:

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.75
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.78
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.52
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.61

If so, either try deleting them, commenting them out by putting a // in front of each line, OR: You can try making each line =1.0, or greater. Save the file, and let it close

Start FSX back up, make it night, and check for runway lights. If they look normal, problem solved. If they are ridiculously bright, even to the point of being blurry, make each line a lower value. If they're there, but dim, make each line a higher value. Shut FSX off completely before you make any changes, because they won't show up until FSX is re-started. That means to be started fresh from being off completely.

Alternatively, you can go to the Scenery Library, and disable the addon scenery you've installed, one at a time, in reverse order of how you installed them, until the problem clears. Check to see if the problem has cleared after you disable each addon. If it doesn't clear after disabling all the addons, try the FSX.CFG thingy above.

Hope this helps!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi, Thanks for responding.

I looked in both FSX.cfg and Prepar3D.cfg and couldn't find any lines like the ones you have said.

Looking back at my original post, I didn't make it clear that that I had disabled all add-on scenery for that screenshot. I re-enabled all add-ons and then disabled them individually like you have suggested with no luck.

Thanks,

Oscar

Hi, Thanks for responding.

I looked in both FSX.cfg and Prepar3D.cfg and couldn't find any lines like the ones you have said.

Looking back at my original post, I didn't make it clear that that I had disabled all add-on scenery for that screenshot. I re-enabled all add-ons and then disabled them individually like you have suggested with no luck.

Thanks,

Oscar

This was a problem with earlier versions of P3D.

Tell us what version you have, and what addons you have installed? It has nothing to do with any `missing` entries in the .cfg file - those entries should NOT be there by default anyway.

A solution might be to select night time and not continue to fly from day into night.

This was a problem with earlier versions of P3D.

Tell us what version you have, and what addons you have installed? It has nothing to do with any `missing` entries in the .cfg file - those entries should NOT be there by default anyway.

A solution might be to select night time and not continue to fly from day into night.

Hi,

I have P3D v4.

I have FTX England but all add-ons are disabled and I still have the same issue.

I have tried starting at night too and I still have the same issue.

Thanks,

Oscar

Hi,

I have P3D v4.

I have FTX England but all add-ons are disabled and I still have the same issue.

I have tried starting at night too and I still have the same issue.

Thanks,

Oscar

Then rebuild the shader file and as suggested, try a fresh .cfg file.

Also, as you have FTX England installed you HAVE also installed the FTX scenery files? You can try rebuilding the remigration of the unified LC Lookup files. And in your disabling, you haven't disabled the FTX AA Orbxlibs file?

Archived