Thread: Keith Paine Gull question

1. Default Keith Paine Gull question

I'm about to install Keith Paine's Gull $ which has been on my computer for awhile but I'm confused about something in the installation section of the readme file

Note: Remember to change the FS9aircraft.cfg, or FSXaircraft.cfg file name to delete either FS9 or FSX as appropriate.

what does that mean can someone help me please

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Andy Poppens View Post
    I'm about to install Keith Paine's Gull $ which has been on my computer for awhile but I'm confused about something in the installation section of the readme file

Note: Remember to change the FS9aircraft.cfg, or FSXaircraft.cfg file name to delete either FS9 or FSX as appropriate.

what does that mean can someone help me please
    Hi Capn,
    If you open the unzipped folder you should see 2 aircraft.cfg files, one titled FS9aircraft.cfg & the other FSXaircraft.cfg.
    As it seems you are loading it into FS9, then rename the FS9aircraft.cfg to aircraft.cfg. Hopefully then the model should show in the listing & your prescreen when selected, with the FS9 or FSX in front of aircraft.cfg it wont show at all.
    This is necessary IIRC to enable the hand swing 'contact' call when starting the engine as FS9 & FSX require different sound .ini files.
    Regards
    Keith

3. Default

i have fs2004 i just reamed the cfg to aircraft.cfg what do i do now with the fsx panel and fsx cfg folder do i delete those too along with the utp 2048

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Andy Poppens View Post
    i have fs2004 i just reamed the cfg to aircraft.cfg what do i do now with the fsx panel and fsx cfg folder do i delete those too along with the utp 2048
    You can leave them there if you wish, or if you are short of memory then they can be deleted along with the FSX panel folder.
    Keith