Default and New ADE Airport appearing at the same time

MrGronx

Greetings all!

I'm back into flight sims after a few years away doing Uni, and I'm dipping my toes into creating scenery.

My first project is St Mary's Airport in the Isles of Scilly (code EGHE). I know that Earth Simulations created what was apparently an awesome payware scenery, but since they have now stopped trading, I cannot get my hands on their addon, so I thought I'd try to recreate it myself using ADE and SBuilderX.

This is a problem I've been having after using ADE. After going around in circles trying to get my new EGHE into FSX, I managed it, but the default airport buildings are showing up at the same time, along with some very "interesting" overlaps with the terrain.

I'm kinda pulling my hair out, because I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong - I do admit to being a beginner and I have much to learn. If any of you can impart your wisdom onto me, I would be most grateful.

All the best,

Mr Gronx

P.S. If there is a way to (legally) get my hands on some good Isles of Scilly scenery, do tell me! I'm all ears.

By default ADE will exclude the stock airport and buildings. There are a couple of reasons why you might see double. The first is that there is another version of the airport somewhere on your system. The second is that you are loading and saving your work into ADE using the bgl file. In ADE you must work from the project file (.ad4 extension). To provide more information I would need to see the project file and the bgl file you compiled from it

Hello Scruffyduck,

Turns out I was a bit of a silly billy: I did a bit of digging, and I didn't remember that UK2000 had installed its own version of EGHE onto my system. Looks like this was the cause of my problem.

Thank you for your help!

Archived