Thread: Article: Review: ASDG Piper Super Cub

Blog Entries

Default Article: Review: ASDG Piper Super Cub

Thanks for the very honest review Shawn. This is the kind of aircraft that I like to fly and it did catch my eye when it was released initially. However, that high price was an instant turn-off and I'm glad to see that some of my reservation was justified. I think at half the asking price, this would be a much more appealing value proposition.
    Last edited by rooitou; 01-03-2019 at 02:38 AM.

3. Default

Well said rootiou. When are these developers going to figure out they are pricing many out of the add-on market. I have to disagree with author "The ASDG Super Cub is not an inexpensive add-on at $42.95 USD". It's too much, even if the Cub was good. $43 is to much. Why not a market goal of selling 3 times as many for $20 as opposed to a third at $43. Price sells.

I also appreciate the honest review by Shawn. Good to know everything doesn't automatically get an "awesome" review. Keep up the good work

4. Default

While it might not be a Super Cub the A2A Piper Cub is light years ahead of this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ryogahibiki345 View Post
    While it might not be a Super Cub the A2A Piper Cub is light years ahead of this thing.
    I have both the A2A Cub you mentioned, and the ASDG Super Cub reviewed here, and find them equally satisfying (but different).

I'm assuming you've based your findings on having owned both models; so if that is the case, could you tell me what you find so disappointing about the ASDG Super Cub?

I'd be highly interested to know.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
    I have both the A2A Cub you mentioned, and the ASDG Super Cub reviewed here, and find them equally satisfying (but different).

I'm assuming you've based your findings on having owned both models; so if that is the case, could you tell me what you find so disappointing about the ASDG Super Cub?

I'd be highly interested to know.
    Seeing as how you are trying to call me out, an irritating but truth none the less, one does not have to own a product to have tried it, so that right there is pretty blatantly a nasty way of asking what I don't like about a product. That said, I do own the A2A Cub and have for many years. The ASDG a friend has let me fly on his rig as I do not fly X-Plane often. From a real world mechanic stand point I can tell you, that the A2A has a "real" engine under its hood where as the ASDG offering is like most other aircraft out there, running on rails and living solidly with in the simulation environment, which A2A does not. A2A has its own IP module that operates outside of the simulator so that the aircraft doesn't act the same way all the time. I hope that you've found my reply to your snide comment adequate but, like my other posts, I am sure it will never see the light of day as you like to remove them.
    Last edited by ryogahibiki345; 01-05-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryogahibiki345 View Post
    Seeing as how you are trying to call me out, an irritating but truth none the less, one does not have to own a product to have tried it, so that right there is pretty blatantly a nasty way of asking what I don't like about a product. That said, I do own the A2A Cub and have for many years. The ASDG a friend has let me fly on his rig as I do not fly X-Plane often. From a real world mechanic stand point I can tell you, that the A2A has a "real" engine under its hood where as the ASDG offering is like most other aircraft out there, running on rails and living solidly with in the simulation environment, which A2A does not. A2A has its own IP module that operates outside of the simulator so that the aircraft doesn't act the same way all the time. I hope that you've found my reply to your snide comment adequate but, like my other posts, I am sure it will never see the light of day as you like to remove them.
    'Running on rails' was a term adopted to flying certain MSFS aircraft, but with X-Plane, that term was rarely used/required (quite the opposite in fact), due to the simulators usage of blade element theory. It's well known that A2A use custom code to enhance the default MSFS flight dynamics, but again, this is due to the aforementioned 'running on rails' syndrome of the default flight dynamics.

Many thanks for contributing!

Dominic
    Last edited by DominicS; 01-05-2019 at 01:22 PM.

Nice plane, but, $43.00 US...I'm in Canada, so this is closer to $60.00 ....Not a Chance...
    Last edited by yubi; 01-12-2019 at 05:05 PM.

9. Default Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by yubi View Post
    Nice plane, but, $43.00 US...I'm in Canada, so this is closer to $60.00 ....Not a Chance...
    I'm with ya. Way over priced!

Very enjoyable, so I consider it money well spent here.

W33