Thread: Mysterious thin dark line

1. Default Mysterious thin dark line

Hi guys. Today I noticed this thin dark line in FSX (screenshot here: https://i.imgur.com/BJPiQLB.png) while flying out of RPLL using the PacSim Manila scenery. I noticed a few things about it; 1) it seems to be stretching out from a building, 2) it doesn't appear in VC view, 3) it doesn't appear during early or late hours. I searched a few forums saying it could possibly be some kind of memory error, but I'm not exactly sure. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

2. Default

That may be an issue with the auto gen for the add-on you're using. Does your add-on provide buildings to that area?

It really is so small I can't believe you even spotted it.

If you think you have a memory error you could test your RAM with Memtest 86. In Memtest 86 there are like 11 tests, select all of them. You would boot Memtest 86 with a USB stick or a CD like you would to install an OS. https://www.memtest86.com/

If this is too complicated for you, then you can use Windows built-in memory tester. Go to Search and enter, Windows memory diagnostic.

My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

It's a fairly common FSX glitch. Sometimes a ground shadow is cast incorrectly by a 3D Object at certain times of year, or day. A suspension bridge in my region does it at sunrise.
    Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7, Intel i5-7600k 3.80GHz OC'd 4.2GHz, NZXT X62 Kraken, 16Gb 3500MHz Ram, 1TB & 2TB Samsung Hybrid SSD's, LG DVDRW, NVidia GTX1050Ti 4Gb, Phanteks Enthoo Pro M case, CH Yoke & Pedals, Asus K272HL 27" Monitor, Windows 7 x64

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CRJ_simpilot View Post
    That may be an issue with the auto gen for the add-on you're using. Does your add-on provide buildings to that area?

It really is so small I can't believe you even spotted it.

If you think you have a memory error you could test your RAM with Memtest 86. In Memtest 86 there are like 11 tests, select all of them. You would boot Memtest 86 with a USB stick or a CD like you would to install an OS. https://www.memtest86.com/

If this is too complicated for you, then you can use Windows built-in memory tester. Go to Search and enter, Windows memory diagnostic.
    Thanks for the response.

I think it does provide buildings in that area. By the way, another problem I forgot to list is that the line stretches very far, I'd say about a couple of nautical miles.

5. Default

I think tiger1962's response may be the one you're looking for.

My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.