Will My PC Run P3D Ver4

harry2112

Thanks richb for the reply,I read that.My pc meats all the minimum specs of all the things i won't to run.Prepar 3D,F/A 18 Superbug,Tacpack,Megascenery earth,active sky,TrackIR and a couple more.I guess my question is can my pc run all these at same time.Guess ill haft to start small and see,Thanks again

I use to run it on i3 gtx660 with 8gb ram, and could run at sliders sort of medium,with reflection off, water effect low and no casting shadows, not sure what sort of in game quality you after, I would check if your fa18 will work with P3d v4.4 because when I just checked if I have the right website it said only up 4.3, so check that first. Hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks ade555,I haft to get a PSU anyway think ill get a good one,and get a GTX 1070 video card,and cpu can overclock to 3.9 on auto overclock,so ill go with that and see what happens.THX
I'm currently running i7 8700 with gtx 1070 16gb ram and at 1080p and happy with my setup so far, with most sliders near max, smooth flying experience

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If P3D is mostly single threaded, you might want to opt for an Intel CPU as they have vastly better single thread processing capability than an AMD.

While AMD would work, if you're looking for more bang for your buck so to speak, get an Intel.

I'm not trying to act like a fan boy here or anything. AMD is a good budget CPU, especially in the multicore comparison between AMD and Intel.

I'm assuming P3D is still in large part single threaded like FSX is. Albeit Lockheed Martin may have made some improvements.

Check out the 9600k. This is a 9th generation Intel CPU dubbed Coffee Lake and was released quarter 4 of 2018. You will most likely need a 300 series chipset motherboard. You can only run Windows 10. If you run Windows 7 you won't get updates so you'd need to apply this hacked patch. https://github.com/zeffy/wufuc

It does say Kaby Lake. Not sure if it will work with Coffee Lake.

Make sure you buy a reputable PSU.

Install P3D to the root of C only and install it as Admin. Your path would be C:\P3D.

The programs folder is protected and can be a PITA to work with if you install to the default location that the installer wants you to install to.

No, you need Win10 to use the cpu fully. The features of modern cpu's need Win10 to make use of them. Using Win7 the features will not be used, as that OS does not know about them.

(there's more to it then just missing updates)

Also, unlike what was said before, P3D does use multiple cores and even multiple threads if your cpu has them. (hyperthreading).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived