Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will My PC Run P3D Ver4

1. Default Will My PC Run P3D Ver4

AMD Black 965 Quad Core,16 GB Ram,Radeon RX 570. It's a 10 year old pc,just asking before i go spend some more money and it dont work.

Harry, If you go to the Prepar 3D site i think they have the minimum specs listed,

3. Default

Thanks richb for the reply,I read that.My pc meats all the minimum specs of all the things i won't to run.Prepar 3D,F/A 18 Superbug,Tacpack,Megascenery earth,active sky,TrackIR and a couple more.I guess my question is can my pc run all these at same time.Guess ill haft to start small and see,Thanks again

I use to run it on i3 gtx660 with 8gb ram, and could run at sliders sort of medium,with reflection off, water effect low and no casting shadows, not sure what sort of in game quality you after, I would check if your fa18 will work with P3d v4.4 because when I just checked if I have the right website it said only up 4.3, so check that first. Hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

5. Default

Thanks ade555,I haft to get a PSU anyway think ill get a good one,and get a GTX 1070 video card,and cpu can overclock to 3.9 on auto overclock,so ill go with that and see what happens.THX

Quote Originally Posted by harry2112 View Post
    Thanks ade555,I haft to get a PSU anyway think ill get a good one,and get a GTX 1070 video card,and cpu can overclock to 3.9 on auto overclock,so ill go with that and see what happens.THX
    I'm currently running i7 8700 with gtx 1070 16gb ram and at 1080p and happy with my setup so far, with most sliders near max, smooth flying experience

7. Default

Going to do a new build,Thinking AMD Threadripper and good motherboard to start.

Quote Originally Posted by harry2112 View Post
    Going to do a new build,Thinking AMD Threadripper and good motherboard to start.
    I have no idea about AMD,

9. Default

If P3D is mostly single threaded, you might want to opt for an Intel CPU as they have vastly better single thread processing capability than an AMD.

While AMD would work, if you're looking for more bang for your buck so to speak, get an Intel.

I'm not trying to act like a fan boy here or anything. AMD is a good budget CPU, especially in the multicore comparison between AMD and Intel.

I'm assuming P3D is still in large part single threaded like FSX is. Albeit Lockheed Martin may have made some improvements.

My forum project. Click me
    OOM errors? Read this.
    Pick an Amazon wish list, help a child out
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.

10. Default

Thx CRJ,That's Good like to stick to about grand for CPU and MOBO combo,mainly to run P3D and all the addons that go with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast