Lear 45 backup instruments question

Does the backup attitude indicator have an ILS indicator as well? I don't recall it having that capability in the Sim. And if not, how would you fly the ILS in IMC should your PFD go out? Well, if both go out that is, but if that's not so much of a case, then why a backup attitude indicator?

I guess the FMC could take you down as well.

KzXtnMU.jpg

Does the backup attitude indicator have an ILS indicator as well? I don't recall it having that capability in the Sim. And if not, how would you fly the ILS in IMC should your PFD go out? Well, if both go out that is, but if that's not so much of a case, then why a backup attitude indicator?

I guess the FMC could take you down as well.

KzXtnMU.jpg

Please don't quote me, but I think in the situation you allude to, it would be better to fly to an airport with better weather conditions. Forty-five minute's reserve fuel takes you way further in a Learjet than it does in a trainer.

Sean

'Glichy' controls or switches and don't want to pay for new ones? Read on... You can bring a controller back to life by exercising it through it's full range of motion or from maximum to minimum and back again 50 times. I had a Logitech joystick that gave left rudder without touching it but turning it 50X fixed it.

Archived