Cannot use FSX for more than 30 minutes and my Legal Code is 'unrecognized'

Zocane

I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but I can't seem to find a bunch of threads on this topic (much less one), but I just can't seem to solve it. Windows 10 update, early December 2018. I fire up FSX, wanting to get back into it. 30 minutes flight time. 'You need to activate it'. What? So I try. No activation screen. I find something online where I have to change '0' to 'PartMgr' or something. I do that. The activation screen shows up. I plug in my legal code number, 5 times. Each time it says it's bogus.

Has anybody solved this problem? It seems major to me. Devastating perhaps. Is FSX on Windows 10 dead? If so, what does our community of flight simmers do now, to get a level of depth, flying realism, flight planning, weather items, ATC, etc? I can kiss FSX goodbye, but not this hobby and its intricacy.

I really need to know!

Will

I suppose people will suggest buying P3D or FSX-SE....all well and good. So you have FSX plus Acceleration? The PartMgr trick is for activating Acceleration only, I think! If you don't have Acceleration, then you need something else to get the 2 disc version of FSX activated. Let us know what you have!

You may need to Google search software licensing system reset tool package and look for Mskb928080.exe

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I do have Accelerator - I hadn't installed that and just put in the code for the FSX double disk install! I'll try installing accelerator and see how that goes. But you've gotten it to work on Windows 10, with SP1/SP2 also? As long as I know someone has done it, I'll be happy to know so I can keep trying.

Will

Before you install the Acceleration disk, in what directory do you have FSX installed?

Hopefully, it is outside of the C:\Program Files and\or PF (x86) directories. If not Windows UAC will give you nightmares when trying to install add-ons.

If you have the room install it to another HD.

Cheers....

• 2 months later...

I was running FSX Deluxe (2 disk) fine in windows 10.

I needed to replace the computer and installed it ok with most of my scenery.

Now when I start it, gives me the activation code error.

I don't get a screen to activate with my original key.

Now what can I do?

@wd22 ,

You need to start your own thread to solve your problem. There are too many variables that will interfere with a solution to your problem by trying to use advice from this thread.

@Zocane , You stated you installed the game. Where???

There are specific steps to be taken, also. Explain how you installed the game.

You are not supplying enough info for anyone to be able to assist you, properly..

• 2 years later...
I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but I can't seem to find a bunch of threads on this topic (much less one), but I just can't seem to solve it. Windows 10 update, early December 2018. I fire up FSX, wanting to get back into it. 30 minutes flight time. 'You need to activate it'. What? So I try. No activation screen. I find something online where I have to change '0' to 'PartMgr' or something. I do that. The activation screen shows up. I plug in my legal code number, 5 times. Each time it says it's bogus.

Has anybody solved this problem? It seems major to me. Devastating perhaps. Is FSX on Windows 10 dead? If so, what does our community of flight simmers do now, to get a level of depth, flying realism, flight planning, weather items, ATC, etc? I can kiss FSX goodbye, but not this hobby and its intricacy.

I really need to know!

Will

I have exactly the same problem... am searching for a solution too

I recently reinstalled deluxe myself with no issues after having to do a windows10 reset, you will need the PartMgr trick as its not just for acceleration as i discovered.

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs